Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good manners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good manners
    Posted: December 24 2003 at 12:58pm
I know, and i am sure many of you know why Karen closed the forum for a few days. because people were getting rude and not showing any manners or being considerate to others.
some people were worse than other people.

Edited by HB.com Admin

Please note: All inappropriate or potential inflammatory posts will be automatically deleted or edited appropriately.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 1:02pm
Lets let the past be in the past and be Thankful we got the board back! (Thank you again - Karen!). Have a very happy holiday season! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 1:32pm
Thanks Diva for the feedback.

Thanks Debbie. You have been really great and I appreciate all your kindness and emails.

To everyone else....

please lets move back to hair talk, which is what these boards are about. I have actually assigned some of the HB.com staff members, as part of their ongoing paid job duties, to monitor the Hair Talk boards. Therefore the boards will be actively watched 24 hours a day.

There are now 5 Super Users who can and will edit any posts on any thread that could be considered inappropriate, attacking, insulting, rude or inflammatory. Spam and troll posts will instantly be deleted.

All troublemakers will be immediately warned then banned if they continue to post inappropriate, inflammatory or accusatory posts of any kind or go off topic of the thread. Their User Ids and IPs addresses will be blocked permanently from HB.com access.

If troublemakers continue to try and post after they have been banned, their ISPs will be contacted by HB.com and a formal complaint will be filed by HB.com asking that the ISPs assist us in blocking access from all banned posters.

HairBoutique.com has spent a lot of money making HairTalk available over the years. I am committed to continuing to support the boards and allow all the benefit of our investment in having a great community to visit and hang out at.

I had a lot of time to think about the problems and the options regarding these boards and I will be making sure we are back on a positive/upbeat track for the long term.

Some of the boards will remain locked until we have a chance to remove all past inappropriate posts and/or we decide that they are not appropriate for hair talk threads and they are permanently removed.

Philosophize and Chillin will not return. Celebrity Hair Talk will stay and will always be available and any obvious hair threads will stay. Some of the borderline non-hair boards will be reconsidered unless there is an indirect link to hair topics.

Thanks for all your consideration and support.

Happy Holidays,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 2:53pm
Karen:

I know you did what you believed you had to do, and as you and I chatted about, it was inevitable considering what was going on.
I will miss the Chillin and Philosophical boards, which were the main reasons I visited this website, although I like the hairdo stuff as well.
I know the Chillin/Philosophy boards were getting very heated and rough around the edges, so I don't blame you for abolishing them, it's just too bad it turned out like it did on those boards, that's all I'm trying to say.
I will continue to visit Hair Talk, you do a terrific job.
Enjoy the holidays everyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic