Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Body On Tap!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body On Tap!
    Posted: May 05 2002 at 4:13pm
I get a catalog from the Vermont Country Store and decided to visit their web site this weekend. It is a terrific site for hard-to-find items.

While there, I visited the hair care section of the Apothecary and, much to my surprise, they have Body On Tap. I couldn`t believe it! I haven`t seen it since the early 70s. They say it has only been available in South Africa until now. A real blast from the past.

I thought I would share with anyone that might be insterested:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/prdSell.asp?ProdGroupID=20933&DeptID=1277&CatID=1289

Oh...and they carry Dippity Do too. Like stepping into a time machine!
chamogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2002 at 7:19pm
thanks there are some folks that have been looking for this product on another site
chamogirl
scotcdnlass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotcdnlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2002 at 10:47am
Hello Ladies

Does anyone remember "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!"?

I loved that shampoo but haven`t seen it for years. Last time I saw it I actually bought a cart load as it was on for $1 a bottle, haven`t seen it since and I`m all out.

Any hints where to find it?

Thanks for your help
Lori
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2002 at 3:34pm
The Jergens homepage says:

Jergens launched Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific® in 1974, a fragrance shampoo designed for frequent use which is still available in the Philippines today.

That`s all I`ve found about it. I`ll let you know if I find anything else.
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2002 at 7:16pm
I found a web site that sells GYHST:

http://www.fantasiashihtzu.com/gee.html

Seems kind of expensive though. Might try eBay. Good luck in your search!! ;)
scotcdnlass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotcdnlass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2002 at 11:08am
I had a look at the website you suggested and was flabbergasted at the amount of money that they want for a $2.59 bottle of shampoo!!!! I have tried Ebay as well and the shampoo is coming from the Phillipines and the postage is astronomical to say the least.

I have written a letter to Jergens expressing by desire to have the shampoo brought back out on the market. I would love to have some support from other GYHST lovers. Please send an email to Jergens asking them to bring it back to North America. It was such a great product and for once a product that gave you what is advertised.

Thanks for the hints at finding the shampoo, unfortunately, I`m not that insane, nor that rich to buy a $12 bottle of shampoo and pay $10 for shipping, plus duty, taxes and an administrative postal fee, so that I can have wonderful smelling hair and kiddie flashbacks to the late 70`s!!!!

Lori
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic