Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I ruined my hair! Can anybody help me!??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stephanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I ruined my hair! Can anybody help me!??
    Posted: September 04 2002 at 4:55pm
I have BAD hair breakage and split ends from overprocessing. I have switched hair colors WAY too many times. The last color was to a Platinum Blonde and now my hair is ruined! It is a pretty color, but now it is actually breaking in half! My hair was just past shoulder length, and now I have layers from the breakage. It looks and feels like straw. I absolutely can`t bring myself to get it all cut off...I have never had short hair, and I am too scared! (And my husband is protesting any idea of a short hair cut.)

I have tried (no kidding) over 40 products. KMS, Sebastion, ....I have tried just about everything. The shampoos and conditioners just DO NOT cut it. I need an additional product that I leave in, but most of them I have tried stiffen my hair and do not seem to help at all.

I want SOMETHING that will nourish and help to strengthen and soften the hair I HAVE LEFT! I have even considered trying a product meant for African American women for breakage, even though I am Caucasian.

I would GREATLY appreciate any input ANYBODY can offer!! I don`t know what to do!

Thank you so much.

Stephanie
email me at agt99@netzero.net
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2002 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Stephanie Stephanie wrote:

I have BAD hair breakage and split ends from overprocessing. I have switched hair colors WAY too many times. The last color was to a Platinum Blonde and now my hair is ruined! It is a pretty color, but now it is actually breaking in half! My hair was just past shoulder length, and now I have layers from the breakage. It looks and feels like straw. I absolutely can't bring myself to get it all cut off...I have never had short hair, and I am too scared! (And my husband is protesting any idea of a short hair cut.)

I have tried (no kidding) over 40 products. KMS, Sebastion, ....I have tried just about everything. The shampoos and conditioners just DO NOT cut it. I need an additional product that I leave in, but most of them I have tried stiffen my hair and do not seem to help at all.

I want SOMETHING that will nourish and help to strengthen and soften the hair I HAVE LEFT! I have even considered trying a product meant for African American women for breakage, even though I am Caucasian.

I would GREATLY appreciate any input ANYBODY can offer!! I don't know what to do!

Thank you so much.

Stephanie

ok: first off, the most important thing to do now.... is NOT TO DO ANY MORE PROCESSES TO UR HAIR: APART from tirmming the ends every 6weeks.

ok, use KERASTASE SATIN BAIN/OLEO RELAX Shampoo....... (buy it from a proffessional hair salon) ...it costs around about £10 ($15)

NEXT: buy Aussie 3 Miniute Miracle DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT (its about £5.85 - $10) and u can buy it from any cosmetic store...such as Boots, Superdrugs, etc...

Ok, now for ur hair, the condition it is in right now, u will need to do ALOT of deep conditioning treatments to ur hair!

EVERY time u wahs ur hair, apply this deep conditioning treatment to ur hair, wrap ur hair in a towel and either leave overnight, OR for about 4hours....then rinse off, and, while ur hair is still soaking wet (this is crucial) apply a serum such as either Kerastase serum, or frizz ease...... this will leave ur hair soft and manageable... but it is also important not to use anymore heat appliances, until u have grown out ALL of ur hair that is a mess.

use this information wisely
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2002 at 4:23pm
I have to agree with Liz Naz, no more dying. My red hair is fading, but I am not dying it anymore I`m just going to stick to my dark brown color. And besides that my hair is almost to my goal and I don`t want to ruin it.
Also get Aussie 3 minute conditioner it`s awesome stuff. Or go to Sallys Beauty Store and look for really good shampoos and conditioners that are meant for your hair type. I hope this helps.

KaleidoscopeAmy
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2002 at 6:28pm
u know that aussie 3 miniute deep conditoning thingy AMy? i didnt think it was that good..and i didnt like the smell either...but my sis loves it!

have u ...or anyone tried...... L`oreal proffesional liss extreme? deep conditioning thingy? its soo good...
---------------x
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2002 at 11:33pm
Liz naz I haven`t seen the Kerastase products in the U.S. you talk about though I`d gladly give them a try if I found them. Is it a UK line only?

Oh well, in that case it just gives me one more reason to go back to London someday.....
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
lissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2002 at 9:20am
Hi Lyris, The Keratase Products are great but extremely expensive here in the U.S. - Keratase is actually owned by Loreal (Europe) and the secret ingredient in these products are .... Whale Sperm - talk about Protein! I live in NY and they sell them in large Beauty Supply stores (not Sally`s).

P.S. Found (in CVS) and loved the TRESemme Melting Gel, thank you! It worked better on my hair then the Artec`s Smoothing Gel which is 5x the price.
lissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2002 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Stephanie Stephanie wrote:

I have BAD hair breakage and split ends from overprocessing. I have switched hair colors WAY too many times. The last color was to a Platinum Blonde and now my hair is ruined! It is a pretty color, but now it is actually breaking in half! My hair was just past shoulder length, and now I have layers from the breakage. It looks and feels like straw. I absolutely can't bring myself to get it all cut off...I have never had short hair, and I am too scared! (And my husband is protesting any idea of a short hair cut.)

I would GREATLY appreciate any input ANYBODY can offer!! I don't know what to do!

Thank you so much.

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, Aphogee (sold in Sally`s Beauty Supply) has a treatment for damaged hair that stops breakage. The treatment lasts for 6 weeks and seals and coats your hair with protein. Follow this up with their moisture balancing conditioner and your hair will be very soft. Their website is www.aphogee.com and you can check them out for yourself. A friend of mine had the same problem as you from bleaching and this saved her hair. When hair is damaged and breaking off it will not just stop at the ends, it will travel up the hair shaft and cause much more damage to the hair that is still relatively healthy. Get a good trim and keep your hair moisturized - Aphogee`s 2 minute keratin restructing conditioner is excellent to use when you wash your hair on a weekly basis. I add olive oil to my intensive conditioning treatments and leave it in my hair as long as I can, sometimes overnight. Aphogee is excellent and very reasonably priced and I have used some of the most expen$ive products out there with much less results!
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2002 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Liz naz I haven't seen the Kerastase products in the U.S. you talk about though I'd gladly give them a try if I found them. Is it a UK line only?

Oh well, in that case it just gives me one more reason to go back to London someday.....

errrmmm nah i think its a french brand?

not too sure...it should be in the US tho..... strange :S i thought that`ld be the first place theyld sell it....

http://www.kerastase.com

shows all the products....
---------------x
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 7:00pm
all the products tho are around about a tenner

what i think is good tho that works is L`oreal Proffessional..... their thingies.... deep conditoning treatment thingies seem to work real good for me!
---------------x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic