Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Temporary Dreads?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kemo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temporary Dreads?
    Posted: April 11 2003 at 5:17pm
Is it true that once you put dreads in the only way to remove them is with scissors? That seems too radical too me. Is it true?
Cassie Anne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassie Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 1:37pm
I tried making faux dreads using a wax product. It worked but the big mistake I made was leaving the was in my hair for 1 week. It took days to get it out and then my hair had a lot more split ends. I can''t comment on the so called dread wax like the KnottyBoy stuff but I think that might even be more difficult to remove.
imfunnygal511 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunnygal511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 1:40am
I got into trouble at my old school for wearing dreadlocks for 1 day! they made me comb it out...I told ''em it would poof out...they said add water...Only made it worse. I ended up woth an afro and eventually ran my head under the sink. I was cold for a while (it was winter!) I suggest going to a beauty store and buying a container of cheap hair pomade. it works really well! what i do is i shower at night...let my hair dry a little, then put in the pomade then twist and secure. leave in over night then take out in the morning...all ya gotta do is BRUSH FROM THE BOTTOM ThAt NiGhT!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise u end up with a mess...lol...take a shower after u brush it out too...it helps a ton with the frizzies and all that...also use VO5 hot oil or that rejuvinating Vo5 formula...it works miracles! i swear! lol. good luck and happy dredding!
peanut_cutie511 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut_cutie511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 1:43am
NOPE. all ya gotta dois make sure u treat ur hair right. don't leave ur gorgeous dreads in 4evva! surprise people by only having 'em last 1-3 days instead...idunno about anything longer than that. but unless u want a severe case of teh frizzies i reccomend takingit out then...plus using Vo5 hot oil/rejuvinating cream. my friend swears by it! lol. hapy dredding...hope i helped!
SinfulRapture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SinfulRapture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 12:00am
I too am looking for a way to get temporary dreads. I have really thick, wavy, frizzy hair, and in the summer I can't wear it down because it doesn't stay straightened when I get outdoors. I figured dreading them every day or two would let me wear my hair down and still have it look good. But I don't know how to do it. What kind of pomade/wax etc do you use? And do youi just roll the hair in between your fingers so it all goes together. . .? like, how do you seperate it into sections and such. What do you mena by "comb it back"? I am a dunce when it comes to hair styling. I need like directions for dreading tjat would coem out of a "hair styling for dummies" book or something, lol. Help us both!!
rich dread man View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich dread man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2003 at 4:58pm
tut tut... the definition of DREADLOCKS is when you cant get your hair back to its original state. You can twist your hair and make it look like dreads i spose. but that just looks silly. Go on, take the risk and dread that hair up! backcombing and combing out "dreads" every day is VERY VERY bad for your hair and if you keep doing it your hair will end up hard and you will get a lot of hair loss. my advise - if you want dreads, get dreads. if you dont, dont. simple.

MissDreads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissDreads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2003 at 5:04am
There are other ways to get dreads. You can attach them by using a knotting technique. When you want to remove them, you don't have to cut your hair short you just cut the tread which you used to attach them, and take them out. They can be re-used several times!! Look on www.dreads.nl. or www.dreadsfactory.com!!!
who dares wins
geongeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geongeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2004 at 10:07am
If you want dread extensions I found them at redsalonsource.com they are also coming to NYC to teach a class on installation June 21.
I can send you a pic of the dreads if you email me.
geoncox@hotmail.com
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 12:31pm
Damn thats kool
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 11:53pm
I use to rock dreads awhile back when i was little
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic