Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marry My Dad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marry My Dad
    Posted: July 29 2003 at 9:11pm
OK OK I accidentally got hooked. But I have to say that the show is really interesting. Last night they dumped one of the "undesirables" by having a magician make her "disappear". And they have a guy with a lie dector that seems a little bogus. I love the 4 kids that are picking the wife for their dad. The two boys are hotties and the daughters are beautiful and have spunk. They all have great hair. Well except for the dad who has no hair. :-)

Am I the only one that loves this crazy twisted reality show?

The big question...will the dad really marry the women his kids pick for him?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 8:49am
I watched this show for the 1st time the other night also. I'll definitely be tuning in next week. The magician's trick of making one of the women (the one the kids chose to eliminate) disappear was cool and cruel at the same time. One of the magician's said something like "never to be seen or heard from again" in reference to the fact that he was going to make one of them disappear.

I really like that dark haired lady - the one with the Xena-esque hairstyle. I'm so glad she got assertive and kissed the dad. His feelings for her totally changed after they kissed. I'm glad the kids kept her around.

His kids' comments are hilarious like when he and the blonde had their alone time and the kids were watching via closed circuit television. They were saying stuff like "Eewwww" and "We need to gong her". And one of his daughters later said something like, "what he wants and what's best for him may be 2 different things". It reminds me of when years ago parents arranged their child's marriage and did what was "best" for them regardless of the child's desires. Although I know this is still done in some cultures.

The father and his children are all very likeable.

Caramia
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 1:18am
Guilty, yes I am hooked on this one too. I really like it. I'd have a hard time choosing if I were one of the kids.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 11:55pm
The show is kind of "hokey" but it gets you hooked. I really like the dark haired daughter. She is really pretty. As for the "wives to be", Christy (former Ms. America) is the best looking but probably shouldn't win. The dark haired one with short bangs is interesting. I was wondering why they lie with the lie detector test. They always get caught and they make themselves look stupid.
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 2:41pm
I'm a sap but I was heartbroken Monday nite watching this show, watching Cynthia the dark haired lady leave. She seemed so sweet. Christy the former Ms. America seems kinda shallow - she said she wouldn't marry him if he gained 50 pounds. Well I guess she scores points for honesty. Since Cynthia is gone, next week I'll be rooting for the other blonde (Christine I think her name is) - she seems more real. At the end of this episode I was pondering "do gentlemen prefer blondes?" since the last 2 ladies left are blonde and the brunette got a goodbye kiss.

Caramia
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 3:49pm
When the daughters started crying when they kicked Cynthia (dark haired lady) off I started crying. I was like, hey this is a TV show, but it was sad. Then I heard Cynthia say at the end that she really loved Don and could never see him or the family again. That was really really sad. She seemed to be the most genuine. I think that the former beauty queen is *****y and just on her best behavior now. I also think that the other Christine is probably more real but where is the fireworks? Know what I mean? Is this man really going to marry one of the remaining two women? He doesn't seem in love with either one really. I think he is in lust with the Beauty Queen but I think she is definitely shallow, although honest.

Can't wait until next week.

Constance
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 8:21am
I'm glad he chose Christine.

The pageant winning Christy seemed like she was mostly in it to win - as opposed to building a lasting relationship with him. Christy did look fabulous though. He couldn't take his eyes off her - she had jacked up her cleavage pretty good.

Christine had a more quiet, geniune way about her. It will be interesting to hear if he and Christine do make it to the altar.

Caramia
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic