Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does skin tone count?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberEyedAzn2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberEyedAzn2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does skin tone count?
    Posted: November 13 2003 at 7:44pm
i'm wondering, well its a pretty obvious,,,answer type of thing, but.....i mean, people say, blonde,or really light shades aren't that great looking on asian people. i have, bleached my hair blonde before, and even a orangish color, reddish tones,brown tones. And people, have complemented on how nice each type looked. My skin tone is, fair.
Keri W.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 2:04am
Yes, skin tones count, no matter what your race is. Light hair often makes darker skin look washed out, so it's better suited to lighter skin.
More awesome than a manatee!
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2003 at 12:03am
It's true skin tones really factor in hair color you choose. Generally, Asians look gorgeous with brunette colors due to their skintone but there are few asians who can get away with lighter brown, blonde and red shades because of their skintone alone. The paler you are, the better off you can get away with blonde or red. If blonde, then go with light gold blonde, not platinum or ash blond shades.

Really, if you feel best in darker hair, then go for it! There are many variations in colors so it doesn't really matter what colors you choose as long as you are happy with the color you choose and looks good on you.
AmberEyedAzn2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberEyedAzn2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2003 at 2:22am
I'm just wondering,,,my friend is Indian, and her skin tone is not really dark, but its milk chocolate color or something,,,,and she wants to dye her hair red like ariel from little mermaid (hehe). would it be a no no or a good thing? plus her hair is reallllly thick,,,and if its a good idea,,,should she start out with bleach? since her hair is jet black? thanks!
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2003 at 11:42am
Hi Amber eyes,

Well, it really depends. I've seen some women with mocha colored skin with red hair and looked good. Yes, your friend needs to bleach her black hair in order to make red show up using a tint or I recommend her to try Loreal Excellence HiColor in Red Hot or Clairol MC Max Sinful Ruby (available at Sally or online depending where you live) made for dark hair only (from black to med. brown) with 30 vol. developer as long as it's not previously colored. I think she wouldn't look good with fully and bright orange red color, so she should go with intense dark red and that would look good with her skintone definitely. That will look really cool.
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 12:18pm
You look very good Beachgirl with your blonde hair although I'm sure you would look just as good brunette!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic