Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Going for a new cut, but I have frizz and too much volume.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going for a new cut, but I have frizz and too much volume.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BuzzLiteBeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzLiteBeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going for a new cut, but I have frizz and too much volume.
    Posted: January 10 2004 at 4:52pm
I've always had short hair (spikes to be exact). But all of the other Azian guys in my school have that cut and I didn't want to contribute to the sterotypes about Asians.

Anyways, I started letting it grow (it's about 2 inches now...not much i know...i'm aiming for maybe 4 inches in the back and long 6 inch bangs). Problem is, wheneve I wash my hair and it dires, it gets frizzy and has a lot of volume and I look like pipe cleaner.

I noticed that whenever I forget to wash my hair for a while, it gets greasy and I lose the volume, but that would mean that i need to use grease which i don't want to do. HELP!!!
DarkFalcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkFalcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 8:47am
Ive read everything, used alot of recommended hair products, and in my opinion, tried everything.

Heavy oils are the best for your hair. No matter what anyone says. I know you dont want your hair greasy, but nor did I want mine, but I got used to it. It seems to be the best thing. Besides, when you mix the heavier oils with water, they dont 'drip' as much. You can touch your hair and you wont get so much on your hands etc.
"Come not between the nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured and thy shrivelled mind left naked to the lidless eye.
someazngirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someazngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2004 at 4:00pm
try getting your hair chemically straightened- it will lose the frizz and the volume w/out making it greasy
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2004 at 11:53pm
You don't have to chemically straighten to reduce volume.

You can try a CWC routine (condition1-wash-condition2)
(1) Basically a person washes with regular shampoo for every W.
(2) ...then condition with a light conditioner like Suave Naturals, or V05, for the first conditioner
(3) do a final condition with your regular conditioner.

The routine adds more weight and moisture to hair, and both of them reduce frizz. You might also want to get a microfiber towel, which will make hair dry faster. A certain percentage of Asian hairs will get frizzy only because they don't dry evenly.

...or switch the order and do a WCC routine (wash-condition1-condition2).

In your case, with shorter hair, I think you'd fare better with the WCC. Longhairs are more likely to benefit from the CWC method because it prevents the shampoo from drying out the ends.

Hugs,
Anais
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 11:26pm
it sounds like you need an anti frizz treatment. this stuff makes your hair less frizzy. I agree with anais and darkfalcon, you hair needs more moisture. you can do it with heavy oils which keep moisture in (remember oil floats above water) or conditioner (contains humectant to keep water in). buy a moisturizing hair mask or treatment oil such as jojoba oil. its much better to get your hair rebonded than relaxing it coz rebonding really makes your hair soft becoz it soften the hair shaft much better than normal relaxers and since the salon uses indsutrial strength protein treatment your hair will become soft and board straight. Right now try anais and darkfalcon method. if you like the results, stick with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic