Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair product for coarse hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ACDCAC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACDCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair product for coarse hair
    Posted: March 08 2004 at 2:23am
Hi! I'm an East Asian. My hair is straight and very thick. I've been with very short hairstyle, side and back shaved top spiked up with gel, for years. But finally I got tired of the same typical Asian hairstyle and determined to change my hairstyle. I want to change my hair length to medium. The problem is my hair is really coarse and the volume, especially short side hair, is almost uncontrollable. I've tried various moisturilizers, including leave-in conditioners and moisturizing oil for African Americans. The oil seems working a little bit, but I'm still dissatisfied. Are there any recommendations for hair care product? I also wonder if there are any advices regarding hairstyle of very coarse hair.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2004 at 7:56pm
well according to your description, i think you have oriental hair. Well if you want to change your hair to a medium length you have to let it grow. it will be wild and spiky at first but after 5 inches or more your hair will settle down. I seen many east asian artist doing doing especially in japan and korea. or you can do a light a perm so you hair will be softer.
DarkFalcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkFalcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 7:59am
It sounds like I have the same hair he does. Mine was 8 inches long (last friday) then I went to get it tidied up a lil, the barber made a mistake and most had to be cut off >.<. Growing it shoulder length now.

Anyway, my hair was long and still didnt settle, I'm doubting his will either.
The best thing you can use with hair like that is olive oil :) (mix with a lil water is cool, it'll make some greasy preciptate first, but keep rubbing and it'll go.)

I've been using olive oil for 2 years now... seems to be the only solution to my hair.

Trust me, it works a charm. The only problem is you have greasy hair then, but bah! it looks cool anyway ^_^, and your hair will be well easy to comb and style. (I dont think you should brush it in its oiled state.)

Olive oil smells, but you'll get used to it, its not that bad a smell either, and some like it.

I'll post some pictures of my dry hair, and oiled hair sometime.
"Come not between the nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured and thy shrivelled mind left naked to the lidless eye.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2004 at 11:47am
olive oil is super great to make hair softer anh shinier. You can find oils that are perfumed if you dislike the original smell
ARGHH
Jacona View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2004 at 9:16am
there is a distinct advantage to having thicker hair. As an asian girl with mass loads of hair which is really long the weight got to be a lot. I found two ways to make it really calm down and be the thick flowing cape that you usually see in the movies. My hair is rather coarse and thick but due to my wonderful stylist she has managed to lighten it considerably and then using Biolage for thick coarse hair shampoo has also made it much better. Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic