Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

asian hair solution!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eleison View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eleison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: asian hair solution!!!
    Posted: June 19 2004 at 2:56am
Okay people. I have been reading this mesgboard for a few minutes now. So many questions about asian hair. Well, after years of searching (yes YEARS), I have come to this solution:

If you want a smooth, non-spikey hair look. You must RELAX it. Everytime I relax my hair, ever girl (and some guys) have commented on how good I look.

Advantages:
1) can comb hair
2) stays down (like caucasian folks)
3) looks shinny and bright and healthy (don't know why??)

Disadvantages:
1) must buy the stuff (while buying the stuff the African american clerk gave me a weird look) -- recommend mailorder ;-)
2) works for a couple week before you have to relax again
3) the chemicals smell bad -- just like having a perm
4) takes work to put on and remove...

Well, thats about it. If any of you people find a better solution, tell me (but, like I said, been looking for a solution for the longest time, this is the ONLY VIABLE SOLUTION I have found)

If you have a better solution, post here... I sure would like to know about it...

-Eleison
eleison@null.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eleison@null.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2004 at 2:59am
The above mesg applies to men folks.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2004 at 10:58am
hmm shiny healthy look...
i think that happens when you use high quality relaxers. those high quality relaxer contains protein to help to replace those protein that is loss. i guess during the process, your hair gets "rebuilt"
ARGHH
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2004 at 10:59am
oh yeah the picture for my icon is actually when i had it relaxed last year. i have very curly hair.
ARGHH
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2004 at 3:29pm
relaxers can not rebuild your hair if that was the case it would look the way it was before it broke the bonds in your hair. Relaxers are also known as perms because they are permanent. If you want to use them than be it.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2004 at 4:37am
but asian hair is different. our hair is thicker, and more elastic than other type of hair. when we do hair rebonding properly, we can get amazing shiny hair. if you know how to keep and maintain it, it can last.
ARGHH
Jiraya View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jiraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 12:48am
So are you saying that you use relaxors for already straight hair?? And this helps get rid of the spiky, asian "porcupine" look???

Can anyone confirm or tried this?
aznboi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 10:36pm
d0es anyone have any pics on what the results look like for asian ppl? I know i really want my spikey hair to go down , what will work? I have really short hair too.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 5:04am
yet it does get rid of the porcupine look because when you relax or straigten it chemically it will make the hair shaft softer and nicer to touch. I have done these straighting procedures to my friend like 4 times or something, who has spikey asian hair. he says that his hair lies down now and is more manageble ???. but i tried to do it to some other guy and his hair went even more spiked!!!!??how bizare!!!
i think in japan where guys their have the wildest hairstyles ever, have their hair permed lighltly or straigten to have that causcasian look??
but it will be kinda weird to ask the salon lady or guy to straighten your straight hair.
do it yourself. just keep reading post about straigning hair and do it yourself. you will save a lot on DIY.
ARGHH
austinelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austinelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 3:19am
can you recommend a product to buy for relaxing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic