Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

want to get a perm need advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairhelp101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairhelp101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want to get a perm need advice
    Posted: November 07 2004 at 1:29pm
okay im an asian male with typical asian hair. before it wouldnt go down i kind of got it to go down with growin gout my hair but it has no texture at all and looks like one layer and hard to style do to stiffness. my strands look so thin and my hair looks ugly when pushed backwards or even strait down. it has no texture so it looks like jet black thin hair resting on my head. and when i try to get it backwards it barely stays due to stifness and doesnt have any volume. its so flat on my head and looks real ugly. so i was wondering how do i get a perm on my hair, i dont want curly hair i just want waves to make my hair have more texture. i want to push it backwards and have that wavy look, with different layers or i want to keep it down with texture and different layers not what i have now the one layer, so thin, no volume, asian thing. also will this help my hair to be softer so i can bend it and style it?
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 8:36pm
yes it will
getting a soft perm is a great way to add texture and softness to flat hair. just make sure you find a good salon to do it. people familiar with asian hair will know what we are talking about. the head stylist of shiseido for men UNO brand quoted that perming the hair slightly will give it texture. you might want to considered getting a razor cut or a feather cut to add texture to hair. using volumizing products is also a good way to have volume
verion View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 10:48pm
this might sound stupid... but what do you mean of wave?? i dont know taht? could anyone point me to a picture of it?thanks
hairhelp101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairhelp101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 4:45pm
also how long should it be for that wave, soft perm thing... i dont want curly curls so it probally means bigger curlers right? what is the minium length?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic