Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prom up-do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prom up-do
    Posted: January 03 2005 at 9:07pm
i'm looking for an easy-to-do up do i can do at home. i have almost waist-length, layered hair (lots of layers, up to my chin), and it's super thick (duh, asian) and heavy. my dress is turquoise, backless (with thin shoulder straps, not halter), and allover beaded. i stink at doing french twists, so i hope there are other dos you guys would know... straight or curly i can do, and i won't have to work around fake nails (ah, the pleasures of having healthy natural asian nails). i just really need something that will hold up and hopefully not sag or droop...

**i don't have bangs, but i want a do with bangs for prom, so i'll probably cut them to fit the do... i'm used to it**
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 8:45am
How are you at braiding?
http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/Braiding_Tips.htm

This may be a problem with layers, since they tend to stick out, so you might want to try in advance and see if you can get some that work.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 4:58pm
thanks, but my hair is definitely not braid-friendly. i've been trying to do the thing where you make big curls and pin them all around the ponytail, but my hair doesn't want to look right when i do it.. my hair is so heavy, it's just hard to do easy updos with it....
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 6:39pm
Long, heavy hair doesn't want to do the "pin the curls around the ponytail" thing easily. But they make hair additions just for that purpose. Try Wilshire Wigs' "pop styles" page, or look at their add-ons.

http://www.wilshirewigs.com/

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic