Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Puffy After Shampooing. How to Achieve Second day hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Puffy After Shampooing. How to Achieve Second day hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rzwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rzwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Puffy After Shampooing. How to Achieve Second day hair?
    Posted: January 11 2005 at 5:23pm
Whenever I shampoo, my hair will get very very puffy. It feels very soft and good, but it gets incredibly puffy. Even if I use gel or mousse, it gets insanely puffy. I''m using the WCC and I''ve tried CWC to no avail. My hair remains puffy after shampooing. But after 24 or so hours, my hair will go back to normal. It looks fine the second or third day after shampooing. How can I achieve that second/third day hair look right after shampooing? Do I need some type of deep conditioner? Is there anything that I could do?

Thanks.

//EDIT
What about Jojoba oil? Or hair wax?
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 11:06am
maybe you need to switch shampoo. poofy hair means you shampoo is drying you hair. heavy oils are great to weigh down hair and add moisture it.
ARGHH
Rzwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rzwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 6:05pm
What's a good heavy oil?
Does Jojoba oil count?

What about hair wax?

Thanks!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 4:15pm
Hm.... WCC and CWC usually work for that... but sometimes the hair has to be immobilized during the drying process too. The only way I get "second day hair" on the first day is if I immobilize my hair into a bun. The second day is usually fine, but it has to do with the uneven drying of some hair types. Sometimes it's near impossible to avoid the first day hair.

Jojoba oil is a light oil, a liquid wax actually. Even if it doesn't help your hair stay down, it's still a great moisturizer.

A heavy oil is probably more like a butter then.. like coconut oil, shea butter.

ETA: Are you female? is your hair long enough to bun?

HTH :)
Anais
Rzwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rzwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 1:25am
Nope, I'm a guy. But my hair is rather long; it goes down to my eyebrows, covers half my ears, etc. I hate dealing with the puffiness. Maybe I should just get it cut short.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 4:53am
Don't cut it. Growing it even longer will help with the puffiness.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Rzwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rzwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 8:09pm
Well I definitely don't want to grow it out more. It'll become a mullet if I do.. It looks good the way it is after 24 - 30 hours, but the first day after shampooing is horrendous.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic