Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have we solved the "Asian Hair" problem yet?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CityRoamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CityRoamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have we solved the "Asian Hair" problem yet?
    Posted: January 18 2005 at 12:56pm
Hi... I'm one of those stereotypical asian men with the hair that grows out instead of DOWN. My hair is short on the sides and about 2 inches on top at the most. I would love my hair if my sides would just go DOWN.

Everyone's solutions seems to be to just grow your hair long. But I don't know how long I'll have to grow my hair on the sides before it finally goes DOWN. And I don't want 5 inches of hair on top.

So is the only solution this "relaxing" method? I like my hair AFTER I wear a hat and take it off, but it doesn't stay like that of course. Is there any other reasonale good solution out there that can be treated at home?

Thanks,

CityRoamer
erico20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erico20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 2:36pm
i too am frustrated by this "problem" we have.
i'm determined to let my hair grow out, but am already getting discouraged with my hair length only a little over 1 inch on top and a couple cms on the sides.
i wear hats and beanies cause my hairs already too long to gel in anyway without looking ugly and ridiculous. but i only have so much headwear!!

i also like how my hair looks with hat hair, but unfortunately its matted down unevenly and looks retarded.
i better LOOOOOVE the way my hair looks when it gets long, or this will be a huge dissapointment
nolovenoglory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nolovenoglory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 4:37pm
i think that the relaxing method is the best way to go, it will keep your hair down, i know a friend of mine got it done and his hair looks great.
erico20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erico20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2005 at 5:55pm
how long should ones hair be before they get it "relaxed"?
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 6:17am
3 inches or more. longer is better coz long hair will help the new hair growth to bend downor lay low. if you have short hair in 2 weeks of so you hair will get spiky coz the new hair growth will make the old hair stand up. since asian hair is kinda durable, well mine is, you could relax the same part of the hair 4 times until its too dry and damaged, just get a very good shampoo that you can afford and some hair moisturizer, the cheapest kind is hair oils like olive oil.
dirk jizm View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirk jizm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 11:08pm
just grow it out homies! asian hair looks awesome long!
Semio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 9:39pm
this might help:

1. after you wash your hair, use a towel to dry your hair by squeezing your hair and let the towel absorb the water.

2. when your hair is half dry, blow dry your hair down
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic