Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fine hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fine hair
    Posted: March 11 2005 at 11:00am
Hi, I have a question. My hair is fine, straight, and dry. It is unlike other asian hair, in whcih it doesn't stick up even if it's short (it weighs down). But I was wondering, right now it's not that long (2-3 inches) and I'm trying to get it long. Also it is layered cut. However, right now it just looks so thin and scarce. Like what I mean is that you can see each hair strand clearly, it's fineness I mean. I was wondering if when it is longer the hair will look more "fuller" and less like individual strands? Thanks!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 6:17pm
Do you mean that lots of your scalp is visible?

If you have longer hair, then you MIGHT be able to mask the appearance of too much scalp.

The thickness or fullness of hair is mostly genetic. Some people have lots of hair per square inch, and some people don't. There are products out there that claim to "make hair thicker and fuller" but I doubt any of them work.

Likewise the "fineness" or "coarseness" of each strand is also genetic.

I hope this helps you partway. Maybe someone else can jump in and help you out some more.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
aiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 7:01pm
thanks for the answer, but no i have TONS of hair actually.. tons of fine hair, and they dont seem to blend in together to make it look like larger strands? i don't really know how to explain it , but after running or working out and sweating, my hair always seems to bunch up into "larger strands" and look better. Otherwise if I shower and don't do anything the hairs just fall down on their own and u can tell the individual strands by the ends. I've tried putting jojoba oil but it doesn't mimic the effect of sweat i guess.
I hope this clarifies it better?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic