Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am losing hope on finding the right haircolor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am losing hope on finding the right haircolor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am losing hope on finding the right haircolor
    Posted: March 07 2003 at 9:56am
hi,

I am looking for a semi-permanant or deposit-only haircolor to match my natural haircolor. My hair is partially highlighted and I would like to color it back to my original color. My natural haircolor is a medium brown with natural gold colored highlights that show in any light but really show in sunlight. Most colors I have tried end up leaving my natural golden highlights with a reddish tint. Is there anything that will color my hair light to medium brown without leaving the reddish tint and just let my natural golden highlights show through? Please let me know if you have any ideas on what colors to use. Thanks.

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 12:50pm
Sweetpea, have you tried Natural Instincts in medium natural brown? I love the product, it's semi-permanent, pretty gentle and leaves your hair nice and shiny.

I use this color regularly, but I mix it with Natural Instinct's dark brown, because my natural color is medium-to-dark brown.

If you decide to try it, please let us know how it went.

Elissa

[/url]

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 12:51pm
P.S. since this stuff washes out after several weeks, it might not hurt to try.

(edited because one should never use "medium ASH brown", or any ASH shades on highlights! Thank goodness Lili is here)
[/url]

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 11:33pm
PLLLLEEEAAASSSEE do not use ash on those highlights, you will have green highlights!!!

I don't know much about storebought color. But what I would look for is a color labeled "semi-permanent color". Look for a color that is "natural", not golden, not ash, not warm, but natural. This should do the job without turning the parts of your hair that are your natural into something different.

Semi-permanent color usually only colors the highlights.

I would suggest for the best results go to a professional that uses Redken Shades. These work beautifully without any damage to your hair.

Good Luck
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
VANESSAMELLY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VANESSAMELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 12:19am
hey try the clairol medium neutral brown does not leave red or yellow tones just a neutral brown shade, like a caramely brown!! very nice color my favorite one!!!
newporthottie22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newporthottie22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 5:11pm
YOU HAVE to try redken shades EQ !! It is a semi permanent color that is amazing!!!!!!! It is only 25 bucks to get it done professionally- and it is worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TopStylist81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopStylist81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 7:41pm
Hey honey! I got a color formulation for you.

Redkin

Shades

1.75 oz of 6n and .25 oz of 5n

If you want more of an illuminating sunlit effect use
.25 oz of shades brightning gloss instesad of 5n

I hope everything works out for you sweety!!!! Good luck

____Anthony.P_____
Honey! "That style looks great on
you" :^)
Anna4247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna4247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by TopStylist81 TopStylist81 wrote:

Hey honey! I got a color formulation for you.

Redkin

Shades

1.75 oz of 6n and .25 oz of 5n

If you want more of an illuminating sunlit effect use
.25 oz of shades brightning gloss instesad of 5n

I hope everything works out for you sweety!!!! Good luck

____Anthony.P_____

Im curious how giving out a proffessional product formula you would expect someone to have access to. The only way they can use this is to have it done in a salon that uses Redken color.... you really should state that when making a recommendation...
Anna4247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna4247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by newporthottie22 newporthottie22 wrote:

YOU HAVE to try redken shades EQ !! It is a semi permanent color that is amazing!!!!!!! It is only 25 bucks to get it done professionally- and it is worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In CA you get 25 bucks for a Redken color? That is for the color only, correct?
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 6:24pm
Go to Sally Beauty Supply and look around. They have great shades of color and they're prices arent bad.
Don't Fear the Dark...Fear what's in it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic