Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oh my god

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oh my god
    Posted: March 11 2003 at 10:47pm
i did the unbelivable thing

i dyed my hair blonde................
its ok if you are white but i am malay
plus i live in a university that forbids colouring
plus i am the only human here in the Unirversity that has blonde hair.
the effect is scary
people turned
people stared
they say things behind my back
they point
i got depressed
i covered it up with a "kopiah" a type of hat only religious malay men wear
it got worser
people laugh
all this happened in 2 days
i was devastated
i was sad
i was worried
but i stood up
and took the damm hat off and walk with confindent
in my dreams though
i still wear the hat
but i took it off in class
so people will notice
only the people that i want to notice
So here is and advice
colour your hair blonde if you are ready spritually
and mentally or you will be sorry if you ever did
i am still recovering from this shock
perhaps i have to change it back to black again
to gain my confindence back
so beware
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 4:43am
Claribuzz,

I'm sorry you are having this experience! Can you go to the salon to have it fixed? That would be the best way to solve your problem. Please let us know what happens.

Elissa
[/url]

claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 6:25am
my mind was going haywire
i had to change color. but thank god i had bought this ligh brown hair colour by accident last year. With black hair it had no effect but with blonde hair it turn brown. so i just dyed it back. and now i feel normal again. thank god.
maybe i''ll go blonde again but only in a place where everbody else is doing the same thing and it is not forbid. i think i will stick to brunnete and dark auburn shades. safer.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 10:54am
LOL. Being an asian and non-hapa, I was obsessed going blonde. As blonde as Shakira, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, and Debbie Harry. Along the way, I did achieve pure platinum blonde hair on my own. It was a huge, huge shock. Plus, my hair was in good condition (thick, coarse asian hair). Plus, where I live, there were many asians who dye their hair blonde as well. I also was dyeing my hair in different colors on top of blonde. As a result, I got overprocessed.

Now, I'm back to my natural black hair and I'm already bored with it and miss the blonde hair. However, the health of my hair is very important to me first and to grow it long again before doing drastic color change. I learned my lesson about dyeing and the next time, it's better to stick to root touch ups and one or two toners every several months if I want to change tonality or go darker.

Sorry you had to go through that. I agree it's quite self-conscious at first, but afterwards, you'll feel great and confident. Who cares what other people think of you, whether you're white-washed or not. I have no problem with being asian or my asian identity. I am proud to be asian all the way. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic