Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can u color your frizzy, dry hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
confusement View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote confusement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can u color your frizzy, dry hair?
    Posted: April 10 2004 at 1:14pm
Well people say i have really frizzy hair. I am a 16 year old asian girl with really poofy black hair. I would want to color it to like a dark brown. My mom said she would color my hair at home because it's cheaper. Would you recommend me coloring it?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2004 at 4:09am
If it's really dry and damaged, it might not be a great idea to dye it right now. Not only does very dry, frizzy hair absorb dye differently than normal hair, but the chemicals would likely make the dryness and damage even worse.
If you can't wait until it's in better shape to dye it, definitely use the gentlest dye you can find that will still give the results you want, and use the best treatments and conditioners you can afford afterwards, to help it at least seem a bit softer and healthier.
More awesome than a manatee!
confusement View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote confusement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 3:39pm
thank you for your help!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic