Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm so many colors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
imallcolors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imallcolors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm so many colors
    Posted: June 05 2004 at 1:25am
Hi there everyone, this is my first post here. I was looking all over the internet for a good place to talk about hair and this looks like the place to be.

I want to share something that happened to me and my sister yesterday. We went to a salon here in town that neither of us were familiar with. We both have medium brown hair and very thick, shoulder length. We both had our hair tinted many months ago and were both ready for a change.

Well, we sure got one, all right. We told the beautician about our hair and she said fine. We were to put some blonde highlights in our hair.

She starts doing my sis's hair at 9:30 in the morning. She was putting foil in a lot of places with the mixture of bleach. She ended up taking the foil on and off a total of 5 times before my sister's hair looked right. It kept staying orange and red, but it looked like it was finally ok.

Well, I was ready to back out of there and not do my hair, but somehow I think the woman knew it and didn't want to lose the money for my do. So, before she was completely finished with my sister she started putting some highlights in the very back of my hair.

She used about 8 or 9 bowls of hair bleach on the both of us. The lighting was terrible in there. I was getting really tired of being there by around 2 pm. My sister had bleach on her hair for a total of about 4 solid hours.

I saw the lady go to the back room and get more bleach in her bowl. When she returned it was purplish instead of white like before. She'd run out of one type pf bleach and put another on my hair. But said both were matrix products so it was ok.

Anyway, after about 2 hours, I was getting really sick of the whole thing and finally she was done. I hated it. She had messed up the roots so badly, they are about an inch to an inch and a half long, some places a half an inch long and very dark. Some of my hair is so pale it is white, other parts are yellow and the foils all bled all over my hair and it is red and orange and brown and white all underneath it.

I got so pissed off I left without paying her. She also got bleach all over my 60.00 blouse and ruined it. Said sorry, but never offered to pay for it.

When we got home and into some decent light we realized how messed up our hair really is. I have never seen such a horrible mess in my life. And what's more, my sister's hair looks just as bad as mine does. She paid with a check and stopped payment on it with the bank.

The gang of hairdressers were doing that thing they do when they all gather around and tell you how good your hair looks before we left. They all knew it looked like crap but were not about to say so.

I called the shop and talked to the owner. They want us to come in for a re-do, but there is no way in hell they are getting ahold of us again. Everyone in the shop was about 80 years old that came in while we were there all day. The one that did our hair was supposed to the their "highlighter person".

Even though neither of us paid for this mess. I still feel like they should pay to restore our hair back to decency so we can at least go outside without hanging our head in multicolored shame. I called them and am meeting with the owners on Mon. and so is my sister. I am getting a damage report from another hairdresser in writing and taking it to them. I am going to tell them I want them to pay for the redo of our hair.

Also, I asked them exactly which products from Matrix they put on my hair and they said they threw the box out on one, but said the other was V-Lights, no toner. I called 4 times before I got the other name. Very strange. They had told us that the one they were out of was "discontinued". Well, something didn't smell right. I called Matrix and asked them if the product was discontinued and they said no. I think they put something else on our hair and won't tell because it was a different manufacturer. The whole thing has been ridiculous and the hair dresser has been lying to us about all kins of stuff. I won't tell it all, this is way too long as it is. But she said discontinued and so did one of the owners, but Matrix says not, definitely not. And I find it on the web for sale now.

Tomorrow we go to get our damage report from the other hairdresser. We are both so sick about what has been done to us.

One the phone, the owner says: you didn't pay for your hair. I said you dang right I didn't pay you, but I am paying. I won't even go outside I'm so awful looking. We are afraid to get anymore chemicals put on, our hair is really damaged.

Anyway, the whole time we were at this shop, the woman was using her one comb to do both me and my sister's hair. And used the same bleach bowl and the same brush for the bleach. After we got home, it dawned on me they didn't even have anyplace to put their combs for disinfecting, at least not where I could see it. Besides, she used the same comb for like 7 hours while we were there on the both of us. Hey, I love my sis, but come on! This was sooo unprofessional as was the rest of her behavior that day.

I would not have traded my old hair for this horrible mess, even for free. Neither would my sister.

Sick in California.
VANESSAMELLY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VANESSAMELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2004 at 6:08pm
well I know what your talking about since I have my share of nightmares with the salons in my area! but I have also paid more than $150 one time I was in a salon for 8 hrs! the girl did not know what she was doing and she did a mess I complained and all they said was that I could come back and get it fixed! No way did I go back but I did lose my money! GRRR

Ok what I do when I have highlighted my ahir and am not happy with it is choose a color darker than the one I have and apply it only to the highlighter hair and check it often, for me it works great but make sure you get a shade darker than yours since the highlighted har is lighter and that should make your hair pretty much the same shade as the rest!! good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic