Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

auburn to honey blonde -- a success story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: auburn to honey blonde -- a success story
    Posted: September 29 2004 at 11:08pm
I just successfully changed my haircolour from med. auburn to a warm, natural-looking honey blonde (no brassiness!) It took me a long time to figure out how to get what I wanted. If anyone else is in the same situation, here's what worked for me:

My sister did the job with two OTC hair colour products and squares of tinfoil. She left some strands of my natural colour as low-lights. She used Feria 100 Pure Diamond for mid-tones and Herbal Essences XL10 Lightest Blonde for the highlights. I left it on for 45 minutes because my hair hadn't lightened much at the recommended 25 minutes.

The highlights ended up looking like the colour of honey; the mid-tones are a shade darker. I have waist-length hair so I didn't want to risk a double process and frying it. With just $16 worth of supplies from the drugstore, I ended up with exactly what I was looking for and didn't damage my hair.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic