Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help, need advice please!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mary365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, need advice please!!
    Posted: October 26 2004 at 12:24pm
I need some advice. I had hair that was dyed medium golden/red brown, with about 1 inch of roots, which are light to medium ash brown. I went to a salon, and asked to be lightened to blond. I told the girl I did NOT want golden blond, I wanted either ash or neutral medium blond. She put bleach on all my roots, then on the rest of the hair. She put me under the dryer. After rinsing, she applied the color. She told me afterward that she applied light golden blond! I think the brand is Jalyd. The result is my roots are almost white, and the parts that were dyed medium brown are now a peachy golden, dark blond color. It is horrible!! I have an appointment to have them fix it. What would be the best solution? Should I have them bleach the dyed, darker part of my hair to match the roots, then tone it? Or should I have the roots tinted darker, and the whole thing tinted ash to neutralize the peach/gold? I was a hairstylist years ago, so I know something about color, but need advice on this. I don't know if I trust this girl to fix it or not. Thanks!!
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 5:02pm
I'm sorry to hear about your hair colour disaster. Try posting your question on the Going Blonde message board at http://www.network54.com/Forum/127834

I really trust the advice I've received there.

Good luck!
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
mary365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 7:53am
Thanks alot, I appreciate it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic