Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHITE highlights...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marti View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHITE highlights...
    Posted: November 05 2004 at 11:57am
I need some hair advice! I recently decided to go to a salon and add warm golden highlights to my already-dyed medium blonde hair. (My original color is dark brown.) Anyway, the stylist left my foils in for quite a long time, and my hair turned white AND it basically 'melted.' It feels like straw and looks absolutely terrible. How can I repair my hair quickly -and- how long to I have to wait until I can dye it back? I look miserable with my white, fried hair!
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 3:07pm
I'm sorry this happened to you. Bad colourist! Bleaching to the white stage is very damaging to your hair.

There's no way to actually repair your hair at this point. What's done is done. To make it look better and prevent breakage, you could try Redken Extreme Anti-Snap. It's a leave-in product that will protect your hair. You should also let your hair dry naturally whenever possible.

As for dying again, a permanent product will damage your hair more. I wouldn't recommend it. You could use an ammonia-free semi-permanent colour like Natural Instincts or ColorSpa or a toner like Born Blonde (maybe Happy Honey). You will probably want to keep it off your base colour, though. If you can find a friend to use foils and apply the colour only to the highlights, that could work. Just make sure you do a test strand first to be sure you get the colour you want. I would try a light golden blonde shade.

There are also shampoos and conditioners that can add warmth to your hair. Sheer Blonde has one designed to keep caramel highlights looking fresh -- it should add a touch of gold to your pale highlights.

Good luck. I hope some of this was useful to you.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
pinky View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 8:53pm
I had the same thing happen to my hair!! Right when i got back to my house it was streaked white.... but after a few days of washing it, it faded into a really cute blonde... maybe yours will do the same ... and try using really good shampoo and conditioner for colored hair to soften it..... a good conditioner always works!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic