Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what is salon dyeing like?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scheherazade View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scheherazade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is salon dyeing like?
    Posted: December 16 2004 at 8:54pm
I'm getting my first salon dye job this weekend. I don't know what to expect. I'm getting highlights although I'm not sure if that's what I want. They don't seem to be that fashionable any more.. and i'm getting like strawberry blonde highlights on brown hair, which I'm not sure will look so good.

When they do highlights, do they just paint the bleach on the top layer of your hair and that's it? What if I want to dye the rest of my hair? I saw a picture of a color I really like, a light caramel brown (mine's medium ashy brown right now), and I think maybe I'd prefer to get it all dyed and then have more subtle highlights that go with that color. But is it too late to change my mind now? Would I need to have booked more time with the colorist or whatever??
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 6:53am
You sound very unsure of exactly what you want. I would cancel the appointment and decide what I wanted first. If you do one thing (like get the highlights), then change your mind later, it's slightly more complicated to get exactly what you want after that, and you get more and more damage the more you do. I think it's well worth not acting until you know for sure what you want, and just do that the first try.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic