Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hydro peroxide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pabloone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pabloone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hydro peroxide
    Posted: December 26 2004 at 2:12am
have black hair and want brown what would happen if i mixed hydro peroxide with my shampoo ?

and if i just had my hair permed would it havee any effects on my hair ?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 8:00am
Don't do it. What you need to do is buy a product that's designed to do what you're trying to do. If you want to lighten your hair a shade or two, a box permanent color might do it, but if you want to go lighter than that, you might have to bleach. This can be very hard on hair. With the perming on your hair, you could make a mess of it.

I suggest that whatever you decide to do, you should do a strand test first. There's no point in going through a procedure that ruins your hair and doesn't even get you to the color you want.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 9:43am
Hydrogen peroxide isn't going to give you "a color", its just going to bleach your hair to orange. Peroxide is used with dye to make colors, but you really need the tones in the dye because peroxided hair isn't ever going to look natural. (It's also far more harmul to your hair to repeatedly do that than just having it done once by a professional would be).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic