Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help hair color fading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cpaige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpaige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help hair color fading
    Posted: January 16 2005 at 10:32pm
Hi,
My hair color is naturally auburn brown. I got blonde highlights over the summer. I decided around Thanksgiving that I wanted my hair one single color in a dark brown. I went to get my haircolored and they used a filler on it, then used Framesi 2001 5NP haircolor. It came out awesome! After about 1.5 weeks it washed out to a light brown. I got it re-colored using the same forumla, except they used mixed color (ammonia-free) this time. It didnt dye as dark as the first time, but it was still darker then the washed out color. Now, my haircolor has faded once again. I have been using Sebastian's Color survivor shampoo and conditioner that was recommended. I want the color back that I had from day one. I don't think haircolor should fade twice this much! Someone suggested getting it colored again, but doing a clear color shine at the end to lock in the color. Any suggestions or help is much appreciated! Thank you!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 7:03am
Unfortunately once you've had your hair lightened, your hair stays porous and the color just tends to slide right off. I had a big problem with this when I was trying to go from platinum back to natural. I don't know about the clear coat you mentioned, I'd try it to see. Otherwise there isn't much you can do but keep coloring it until it grows out, or just leave it until it grows out.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
ceoceo13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceoceo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 8:13am
I suggest that you dye your hair darker than your natural color so that when it fades it wont be too light..at first your hair will be really dark but then it will fade beccause brown shades always do
cpaige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpaige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 9:04am
Thanks for the replies. I did originally dye my hair a couple shades darker than the natural color and it faded to about what my natural color is. I want my hair darker, it just tends to suit me more. I am going to try using Wella color in the same level to see if it makes a difference. Thank you for the advice!
islander4917 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander4917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 11:00pm
i have had highlights a few times before and have had the same prob.. it is b/c you stripped your hair of everything so the hair color has nothing to stick to... thus fading..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic