Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want to Go Darker (Temp)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lorelai933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorelai933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to Go Darker (Temp)
    Posted: January 21 2005 at 10:32am
Hello,
Someone please help!

I have double processed (bleach) light blonde hair with 2 inches of medium brown roots - I want to color my hair darker while it is winter to rest the hair but then go back to light blonde in the summer.

However, I'm afraid if I put a dark hair color on, it will not come out when I eventually go back to blonde. I need a color that is easily removed.

What hair color brand would be good to do this? Should I use demi-permanent or permanent? The wash-out stuff is too temp and doesn't have rich dark colors. Please help!! Thanks!!
SummerM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SummerM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 10:41am
Going back and forth from dark to light is damaging. The hair doesn't rest, the more processing you do it puts holes in the hair that makes it pourous. Bleaching and a toner or tint is fine but continual processing of the same hair is not a good idea- it can lead to breakage.

If you like your blonde hair, stick with it.
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 1:15pm
I agree with Summer on this one. A good colorist could bring you darker, but since you will want to go light again this will mean more bleaching. Continual bleaching is very hard on the hair.

lorelai933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorelai933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 10:21pm
Thank you so much for the advice - I do get much more compliments as a blonde so I'll stick to that. I thought it would be fun to go dark for a little while but not if my hair gets too damaged
Veronica F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 6:05pm
Well u could go darker temporarily w/ a color gloss, i find that they gradualy wash out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic