Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can salon lighten over box color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lw72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lw72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can salon lighten over box color
    Posted: February 04 2005 at 2:01pm
I really want to lighten my hair. Currently, my hair has a premanent color (dark brown), about 2 months old. I want to be a couple of shades lighter. Can a salon lighten my hair, or does it have to grow out?

I just want to be prepared so I'm not overly dissappointed when they tell me in the salon that they can't do it.

Thanks, guys!!!
Veronica F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 5:00pm
They will be able but either they'll have to remove the color or bleach it out, becuz most of the time, color doesn't lift color, tho some salon's dye's w/ stronger ammonia apparently do, according to behindthechair.com. Since u only wanna go a few shades lighter, they will prob check the condition and texture of your hair, and if they bleach it they should only use a mild bleach and not leave it on for so long since ur not aiming to go platinum! Then they'll prob rinse that out and apply a shade of ur choice, in demi- or semi-permanent. But if they use a color remover, they'll then proceed w/ applying a permanent dye w/ 30 vol. developer to ensure the correct level of "lift" to take r hair to the target color.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic