Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

want new dk brown- advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yitkala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yitkala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want new dk brown- advice?
    Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:53am
I've been using Natural Instincts in Nutmeg to darken my already brown hair, and I like the color a lot because it brightens up my face, but in just a couple days, it starts getting dull. Also leaves behind too much red that never washes out.

I'm looking for either a different temporary hair color that really lasts the couple weeks it's supposed to, or maybe even something permanent.

Does anyone have any advice on what brands have flattering dark browns with no red, and that actually last without making your hair coarse? Tall order, I know. Just thought I'd ask. -thanks!

beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 12:08pm
I am partial to nutrisse. I use the med golden brown, and it lasts very long, and retains nice tones. if you are looking for something that isn't warm at all, i also have tried the natural brown and med ash brown. i have always been very happy with the results. they've also always been really good at covering unwanted tones if I had tried a different brand in the past, and wasn't happy with the results. I just always tried to wash it alot before putting the new dye on, so it would be alot closer to the desired result
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic