Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lowlights at Home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Millalina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millalina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lowlights at Home
    Posted: February 28 2005 at 1:42pm
Help! I got a little over zealous hightlighting my hair and pulled most of it through the highlighting cap. After letting it grow out a bit, the roots and lower layers in the back actually look okay, but the top section (sides when I wear it down) are too blonde. Is there any way to achieve the lowlights look at home?

If so, what is the best product to use (and how) on overbleached hair? I've heard it said that going a bit darker can turn your hair a dark greenish tint.

Should I dye it a light brown color and then re-do the highlights? Again, if so, what is the best product?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 2:31pm
Oh boy. Well, I definitely would not attempt this at home. There are just too many things that can go wrong. And definitely do not color light brown and then re-highlight since you will most certainly compromise the integrity of the hair that's already been bleached.

Take yourself to a good colorist and make sure you have a nice chat as to what it is you're looking for. With a good colorist you'll be able to achieve a beautiful, natural set of high and lowlights that you won't be able to get by home coloring.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic