Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Choices choices..wanna help me make on?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arhake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arhake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choices choices..wanna help me make on?
    Posted: March 09 2005 at 7:19pm
So I'm trying to go black...and I've been looking at some dyes to use.

1. Loreal Color Pulse in Electric Black. Washes out in 8-10 washes. And it's suppose most to make your hair really soft. And if the color doesn't come out right...well I guess it will go away fast enough and I'll get really soft hair too.

2. Clairol Natural Instincts in neutral Black its a demi and I heard really good things about this product. I also heard it comes out pretty much the color on the box.

3. Clairol Nice and Easy mixing 122 natural black and 120 natural dark brown is suppose to give you a natural shiny color (or so the consultant lady said).

I'm planning on doing one of these. But I want your opinions first. Based on the product and results you get out of it. Most of all I want a natural black that isn't TOO black and will last a good while.

Or if anyone has used a black that came out good please recommend.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:00pm
What is your natural color? Do you have any color products in it currently (even if it's faded)?

You've listed examples of the three types of color: temporary, semi-permanent, and permanent. What you use depends on your hair's current condition and how long you want it to last.

If your hair is naturally brown (and is currently brown, as well, virgin or not) my vote is for the semi (Natural Instincts). It should take you dark for a few months (or longer, if your hair is rather processed). My opinion is that when you want to just go a few shades darker and you're not trying to cover a lot of gray, just use a semi, because it won't make the underlying hair any lighter (a strong enough developer in the permanent color will remove some of your hair's natural pigment, while a semi will just deposit color).
arhake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arhake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:04pm
its dyed...its suppose to be light ash brown...but i think its medium brown
arhake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arhake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:05pm
gosh i just got a good look at you icon and i LOVE the red hair on you. makes me wanna go red...but im too scared!
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:33pm
If you're fairly new to the coloring scene, I'd stay away from the bright red (it involves mucho bleach, and I'd hate for you to destroy your hair). Starting from a tinted medium brown, I'd say a semi is a good choice for you (Natural Instincts, L'Oreal ColorSpa, etc.). Also, if you're looking for more choices in color, try to find a Sally Beauty Supply or another beauty supply store that carries haircolor. You'll find alot more choices in colors.

For example, I need to ditch the red (unfortunately) so I want a very very dark brown semi to match my roots--the drugstore box dyes' brown was too light, so I initially bought the soft black. I then went to Sally's and saw Clairol Colorgloss (a professional line) in 2A, which is a very dark ash brown...just one shade up from black. Since I already have the Colorgloss developer at home, I bought that and returned the Natural Instincts. I haven't used it yet (maybe Saturday) but I know it's more the color I wanted than what I can get at the drugstore.

If you decide to look around a beauty supply store, the semi permanents are Clairol Colorgloss, Clairol Complements, and Wella Colorcharm (for starters). And for the last two, make sure you read the box because there are permanents and semis with the same name. Also, with these you need to buy both the color and the appropriate developer (e.g. Colorgloss needs the specific Colorgloss developer, not Wella's developer).
Veronica F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 9:04pm
U should do a strand test on ur hair w/ one of those black dyes to see if u like the result, just so it doesn't suddenly turn any nasty colors...
Maybe u should also try on a black wig to see if u like how u look in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic