Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair extension removal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Judi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair extension removal?
    Posted: November 08 2003 at 3:21pm
I had the infusion hair extensions and I want to take them out without breaking my hair. What do I use? Thanks for any help!
mlg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2003 at 12:52pm
I have Great Lengths extensions and I HATE them. I want to take mine out too. Do you know of any home remedies? I heard that Everclear alcohol placed on the bond will break it down.
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2003 at 8:01am
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with hair extensions. I don't have any personal experience with them but will pass along the information I got from another discussion board.

Those that have the extensions and removed them themselves say:

-Use baby oil first to loosen the glue, then shampoo, then apply rubbing alcolhol to remove any remaining glue. BE CAREFUL not to get the alcohol near your eyes.

-Another says she removed hers by using a leave-in conditioner. She says it loosed the glue and she was able easily remove them.

You might try the conditioner one first - seems less damaging. Or, perhaps the baby oil will do the trick without resorting to the alcohol. Let us know what works for you.

GOOD LUCK and I hope you are able to remove your extensions.
Merlin
mlg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2003 at 6:00pm
Check out the solution I found under "Removing Great Lengths Extensions".
Brandii View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 5:26pm
I apply and remove all kinds of extensions and if you are currently using an extension that utilizes a bond glue then "acetone" will safely remove them fast without any breakage or damage to your own hair. Babyoil only softens them but does not remove the bonding and you end up tearing out your own hair...You can purchase acetone in any beauty supply store..I also use this product to safely remove artificial nails

Brandii
Hair stylist/Aesthetician
Brandii View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 5:26pm
I apply and remove all kinds of extensions and if you are currently using an extension that utilizes a bond glue then "acetone" will safely remove them fast without any breakage or damage to your own hair. Babyoil only softens them but does not remove the bonding and you end up tearing out your own hair...You can purchase acetone in any beauty supply store..I also use this product to safely remove artificial nails

Brandii
Hair stylist/Aesthetician
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic