Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair extentions?? pleases help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dancer girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancer girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair extentions?? pleases help!!
    Posted: January 01 2004 at 12:14pm
i have suffered from trichotillomania (a disorder related to OCD in which you obsessively pull out your hair) for many years now. I have just recently been able to stop pulling, but I have very, very thin hair now, with patchy spots, and I have to be very careful styling my hair, so they don't show. I am interested in trying hair extentions until my natural hair grows back. Does anyone know whether this would work or not? My hair is also very fine, and, because of the trich, some of it is pretty fragile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really need to do something. I am ashamed to go out in public as it is.
Bexy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2004 at 1:31am
H Dancer Girl. First of all, congratulations on your progress.

I am a hair extension technician and I think you need to be very careful when considering having extensions applied. There are two reasons forthis.

First of all, some people find that extensions make them want to pull and fiddle with the bonds in their hair. If you pull hard on the bonds and pull them out, you pull your natural hair out with them. It doesn't take long for small bald patches to show.

Secondly, if you hair is fragile, you are not a candidate for extensions. Your hair needs to be strong , so that the bonds which attach the extension hair to your own have a good foundation. Extensions applied to fragile hair which snaps or comes out too easily will make your problem worse.

I do understand how you feel though and if you are determined to have a go, the best thing to do, without seeing your hair for myself, is have one or two (at the most) hair extensions discreetly applied to the back of your head. Wear them for a couple of weeks and see what happens. I always do this as a hair suitability test on my clients.

Good luck.

Bexy
dancer girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancer girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 8:43am
Thanks for the advice. What about sewn in extentions? Does anyone have any information about this?
Fawn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2004 at 2:33am
http://www.markglenn.com/fashiongallery.htm
These people to extension that SPECIALIZE and often cure the problem you mention:)

best wishes!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic