Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Lengths - help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Herbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Lengths - help!!
    Posted: January 20 2004 at 1:27pm
I have had great lengths for about 3 months (UK) and am due to have them redone. basically I feel my hairdresser is not very good although the extensions themselves look great - the trouble is that I am finding a lot of matting/tangling at the roots
I mentioned this to her when booking an appt to have them redone (as you should after 3 months) and she said she would just reapply the bottom ones - I thought they had to redo them all??
Also, a couple have come out - probably due to over vigarous brushing, but they have taken my own hair with them, and where the seal is my own hair had gone black and brittle - is this normal

I like them but I feel I may be better off having them out but am scared as to what I may find underneath!!

Can anyone please advise me?/

thanks
Herbie (newbie)
RACERCHICK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RACERCHICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2004 at 8:12am
Hello Herbie.
I havnt had much help off this website but I did talk to a lady that I know that had the Great Lengths put in and when she was ready to take them out the stylist had to CUT them out. I asked her why she didnt have them removed with the removing stuff and she said because that would have ruined her hair. So I wanted my hair to grow and I was gonna get great lengths but now I feel as though my hair would be worse off after 3 months or so. I decided against great lengths. It's too bad there aren't other ways to get extensions that dont just totally ruin your hair.

Good luck and please let me know how it works and what you decided to do

Have a FABULOUS day
studio36 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2004 at 3:21am
Actually there is a safe extension method - it is called euro locs. It is from Europe and has only been in the US for about 2 years. It does not involve gluing or melting anything into your hair and the hair is excellent quality. There is virtually no shedding and the removal is extremely gentle on the hair. I have been doing extensions for over 16 years and prior to using this system, I did all of the glue systems, including great lenghts and they really are obsolete compared to the euro locs. Be careful when looking for qualified stylist though because there is a knock-off company with a similiar name and they do not teach the system correctly therefore there are numerous problems with their system - even though they claim to be the same. If you want to find out more about this you can read my posting in the forum on the hairpolice website. You can view a step-by-step of this system at my site - www.extendhair.com
giuseppe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giuseppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2004 at 11:12pm
ok herbie, i will tell you a few things that will clear up any the questions that you may have.one thing is that all extensions may be useful or harmfull depending on the person that you choose to apply them,secondly the home mantenance is also the question,what you wash with and dry with is important and if you have trouble sleeping with your hair.,hot water in the shower, hot styling tools and history of hair loss.,no patience when detangling.
from where im standing i believe that your stylist duped you by pawning off greatlengths name and using loose hair which he/she bonded their self., i know this because great lenghts wont mayy up at the roots, its made with a keratin polymer thatis water proof and isnot porous. if the hair is tangling before 3 months it is a non remi hair and is not great lengths,the bonds from gl can be easily removed using the gl plyers and the solution which is safe enough to drink,the solution has a chemical reaction with the bond and wont harm the hair in any circumstance, these are lies spread from competitive companys in order to sell their product,ie..hair locks which i have worked with and is an effective and interesting attachment,but is it safer???possible not if the hair is fragile the hair will snap from the pressure of the bands.i have a few questions,how soon after your placement of the extensions did you wash, did you use an ammonia based shampoo,like pantene or thermasilk, these are shampoos that have a high concentration of ammonias and sodium which will strip the silicone sheild on the hair shaft. do you have an excessivly oily scalp, was there any silicone based products in the hair before the service,was the hair overprocessed/relaxed ,broken for over processing with bleach.there are so many other points id like to make to you but it will have to do on the phone, i cant type too long my eyes hurt from lookin at the screen,but if you need to remove the extentions, blend mineral oil with non acetone remover and saturate each strand and apply heat,and slowly combout the hair starting at the bottom and work your way up,but before id do that i would consult with the owner of the salon first to see if he will rectify the situation, let them know that you are unsatisfyed and would like to have them removed.i msure they they will comply.
if you need to know more, feel free to contact me .
g
thanks,it was nice of you to write
Image Makers-Eurolocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Image Makers-Eurolocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2004 at 1:07am
Hi there,
Eurolocs is the solution for the clients who are sick and tired of glue and messy extensions. I've been using Eurolocs extensions for 2 yrs now and the clients are loving it. No wax- no weave- no glue -no mess-no damage. If you require just body, a bundle of 50 will suffice and it will cost you initially $300. then $70. an hour for a refitting in 3 months.
If you reguire lets say extra 4 to 6 inch and body it will cost for 2 bundles of 50, $600, hc included. and again $70. an hr for refitting in 3 months. If you require longer 20inches to 24inches - waistline there is an added charge for extra length. They are easy to put on and they stay on and are easy to remove. All other services are extra. Please call if your interested. 203-263-4713 Woodbury, Ct. Tues and Wenesday and 203-597-9079 Waterbury, Ct.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic