Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yay, I've got Plastikhaar!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yay, I've got Plastikhaar!
    Posted: February 23 2005 at 12:29am
Here it is, three weeks to the day I ordered. I would've got to this earlier, but I've been running all over spending all my money on a snowboard!

I ordered mahaghoni, blut rot, and platin blond. It's a little coarser than I expected but definitely less shiny than any synth I've ever seen. The colors I got don't seem shiny at all.

In this picture, the flash lends a shine, but it represents the colors fairly well:

This one has no flash, but the white balance is off.

I was trying to match a dark brown as close to my natural color as possible. Mahaghoni is actually about one shade too light, but it's darn close. (Probably mixing it with the next darker shade would be lovely.) It's hard to tell the difference in this picture of the PH next to my real hair (except that my hair has a magenta tinge to it).

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 12:38am
*****EN LEIA!!! Those colors are beautiful! How are you going to install it?

BTW - I have mahogani on order as well! It's almost exactly my natural color, too, but a touch light - I ordered it and pfeffer schwarz to blend. I wish I had the spine to wear those funky colors as well.

I can't wait to see what you do with this hair! It looks gorgeous. Is it the 50mm curl?

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 12:42am
Yep, Syren, it's 50 mm wave (I forgot to mention that). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I think I might make a red undercolor using shrinkies, or I might just get lazy and make some great falls. Whatever strikes me.

Oh, and if anyone has a brilliant idea, I'm game.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 12:50am
Are you up for doing a variation of the Kalika/Jenny full head sex bomb thing?! It would take some creativity with the color placement, but it would look amazingly hot on you. Think about it.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 1:00am
It would be a lot of fun, but I don't think I have the patience to do that. Also, I'm not sure how difficult it would be to blend since my real hair is about two inches past bra-strap length. Unfortunately, I need to keep things a little on the subtle side because I'm still looking for a new J-O-B. (Corporate America can be sooooo boring! No sense of style.)
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 5:30am
Gorgeous! I especially love that Mahaghoni...maybe I should use that for an underlayer, hmm....

As far as the sex-bomb hair, you could do it and wear it that way for a week or so, then cut everything (it starts to get a bit funky at that point anyway) and wear it straight, or reset the curl. Or you could do something else entirely. There are so many possibilities with synth.

I quite like the layered style Boogiemama just created. Maybe something like that would look good. :)
rachelrolen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 6:29am
Leia...
is the mahogoni just like a dark brown or does it have some red in it?...my eyes aren't working yet ..need coffee..I was leaning towards plaastikhaar that or dome...or both...hehehe....

I hear ya about the corporate thing....pretty soon I'll most likely have to do an internship with in the criminal justice world so you can only get away with so much....Oh and last question..hehe..how bright is the blut rot....
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 7:10am
I am absolutely in love with that mahogani.. I think it would look especially fantastic with the red!

I can hardly wait for my color ring to get here!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 7:22am
I just looooove the brown shade and the three together are going to make one awsome combination When are we going to see the final product????
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 7:23am
I have a *very* dark brown I got from WaWa. . .it is TRULY a "2". I also have some "Muskat" from PH. I won't be using either of these -- I'm going to post a picture (even though it sucks -- I used my phone camera). I can send a swatch. . .let me know!!

Fina
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 8:37am
Leia where are you? You close enough to go boarding whenever you want??

and love the colors, that red is hot, I was thinking of a funky hilite color for my brunette, that may be a good one.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 10:59am
I ordered mahaghoni too, and now I can't wait to get it! It looks so great!

This cheap hair is exciting!

It's cheap and it's beautiful!
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 1:27pm
Nice colours...I do like the Plastikhaar...i want some! hehe

xx
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 5:34pm
Ooh, we're color-twins! (I've got black instead of brown, but similar blonde and red.) I LOVE undercolors- I vote for that option!

Fina: how much would you want for that bag of Muskat? I go through so much PH that I'm sure I'd have a use for it.

-Rae

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 8:13pm
Rachel, the mahaghoni is definitely brown, not auburn, but it is a warm brown. A lot of synth browns tend to be really ashy, which doesn't work for me. Other than being a shade or two too light, it's a perfect match for my brown hair that has a lot of red pigment down in there somewhere. =) The red is a true primary-color red. There is a slightly darker shade, peperoni, but it only comes in straight (at least, when I ordered it did). It's like using SFX Nuclear Red or something...so pretty.

I don't know about a "finished product" anytime soon. I think I'll start with a red undercolor to test out the PH in a smaller quantity. Unfortunately, I'm on a tight budget for the next month or so, so I won't be ordering more shrinkies really soon. And I can't see myself trying to pinchbraid the back of my own head--I can barely pinchbraid the front! =) To use the mahaghoni, I think I'll need to mix it with a darker shade, like schwarzer pfeffer.

STS, I'm near San Jose, so the closest snow is like three hours away, and Lake Tahoe is more like 4 or 5 hours. We only go like once a year. This is my third time snowboarding ever, so let's all send happy thoughts that I don't break something. Oh, and so no one thinks I've fallen off the face of the earth, I'll be out of town from Friday through Monday. Eek! Withdrawal!
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 7:30am
those colours are hot!
It is what it is...
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:49am
Hey Leia,

I'm in Shingle Springs (near Placerville) just about 70 miles from South Lake Tahoe.

I don't snow board, I don't have the coordination for that. My husband does though.

I take the dogs up to the Echo Summit Snow Park all the time to play. We were going to go this Sunday, but I think it may rain/snow.

If I won the lottery, I'd definitely buy a lake front house in Tahoe. It's so beautiful.

My husband grew up in Incline Village, and we go visit his friends that still live there a lot.

Ok, that's the end of my Tahoe commentary, and no, I don't work for the Tahoe travel Authority!
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 2:36pm
Puppies in the snow! How cute!

So, I'm testing out the PH with a single rebel strand of platin blond. I used amm's looped shrinkie method, but daring woman I am, I didn't use any sort of tip...my hair and the PH in one shrinkie. It might be okay to do on someone else's head, but it was a little difficult on my own. I had some shedding only because the shrinkie wasn't cooked well enough at first.

Last night, I slept with my hair in three curlers, so my real hair has something close to a 50mm wave to match the PH streak. One of the ladies at rehearsal last night couldn't believe it was synth. =)

Oh, and I remembered why I have to hold off on the new hair (beyond budget). I'm playing Mary Magdalene in the Easter musical, so the blut rot is going to have to wait until after March 20, or else the choir secretary will have a heart attack!
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 11:59am
leia. i looooove the colors, when will you do it?
i love plastikhaar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic