Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going to the Hair Show!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going to the Hair Show!!!
    Posted: February 24 2005 at 4:09pm
Hey all, just wanted to let you know my husband and I are going to the Chicago Midwest Beauty Show on Saturday. So if anyone wants any info, say the word.
We got a babysitter.... My whole goal is to add a new extension method to my bag of tricks, although I must say that last year everything either sucked or was too expensive. I'm going to be researching in the name of science and the hair extensions message board.
By the by, I had a friend who's extensions i did a month ago come by for a check up today and they still looked hot! This is very very good. I'll post pics later. Christina
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 5:22pm
Great news. I can't wait to hear how the show goes--and to see your pics. Which method did you use on her hair? :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 8:46pm
Last year, my friend was one of the models at the show. Wish I could go too....
did you do shrinkies on your friend?
It is what it is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 1:09pm
Hi, just back from the show. I used pinchbraids on my chick. They are working out really great for me.
Here's the bad news. Even platform artists and educators were commenting on how crappy the hair extension companies and product were. Hair Extension wise, the show sucked. Great Lengths was there, as was Cinderella (the same but cheaper basically) and Hairlocs. Also a couple totally sh*^^y glue in companies with fast moneymaking schemes that would leave the client crying when she tried to remove them. The info on this board kicks the pants off anything at the trade show. That said, I bought the best spiral curling iron (from a small italian company) that I've ever seen. It totally replicates all the loose wavy looks you see on all the magazines these days.
I paid $60.oo for the iron. If anyone is interested the web address is www.italianprofessionalsystem.191.it
They also had some spiral rollers that were amazing, kind of poorly constructed, but such an original, excellent concept that you'd want them anyway.
I think Luis Alverez, who has the company Aquage, is from Cleveland. Does that sound familiar to anyone? Anyone heard of or used Aquage products? thanks, christina
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 2:21pm
Hey Scotchyroo... I hate to hear that about the show. Hope their were some good presentations!
I'm having trouble with your link.
Oh yeah... I use Aquage. I love it! My favorite is the transforming paste- It's amazing! Definately give that one a try.
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 4:09pm
I use Aquage products and like them a lot. It's a good line.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 7:06pm
Christina,

Thanks for the report. Those shows must be a trip--everyone trying to get you to use their products.

The link above doesn't work. Is it the correct address? Maybe their site's just down...

:)
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 11:59pm
I think most hair shows are all about hawking product, and don't really focus on education.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:06am
Oh man, sorry about that the link is italianprofessionalsistem.191.it The man I bought the iron from can be reached at robertopagani@italianprofessionalsistem.191.it
Again, i apologize, i spelled it "system".
This iron is a dreamboat, but i have to tell you this: the shape is revolutionary, but the iron has no temperature control, or on off switch. plug it in, it's on, and vice versa. That said, three people have tried to buy it off me and I've only been home 2 days.
I did see some great demonstrations, the hair extension scene was terrible. It makes me think people like California Kristin are going to make a fortune for being receptive to what people really need for extensions. Christina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:15am
I have to apologize again. I've tried the correct address from the packaging on every search engine i know of and can't get anywhere. The telephone number is +39 0238307720 or fax +39 0238303044. I think I'll try and fax him when i go to work tomorrow and see if the information is current. Damn!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:45am
You are so right. The whole hair extension world just blows as far as access to good stylists/hair/systems is concerned. Last Dec, I went to the Cosmetic Enhancement Expo in LA and while it was mostly about breast implants, botox, liposuction, and spray on tans, there was one woman with a booth there who did extensions. I didn't know it then (cuz I hadn't discovered you girls yet!!), but now I know she did microlinks cuz she showed them to me in her own hair. It looked good, for sure, but do you know what she charged?
Sit down.
Ten dollars a strand. That's TEN DOLLARS a strand! She said a person typically needs 100-200 strands. Let's do the math: $2000? She also said she buys hair only from Russia....uh huh. Even I, desperate as I was, thought that was completely outrageous and out of the question.
And that was it for hair extensions in the entire show. California Kristin, you need a booth there next time and bring ALL YOUR STUFF, bring your friends and sister as models, and just blow the roof off the place. We'll get Plaskikhaar to sponsor a booth and all the Synth Dolls will come to town to model; you Prostyles gals can do demos...
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 9:52am
my friend got her hair done again at the show this year by Farouk... she got bright red and black...

love the Aquage line!
It is what it is...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic