Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TOO EXPENSIVE VITAMINS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TOO EXPENSIVE VITAMINS
    Posted: October 07 2002 at 2:57pm
what is Karen`s site that everyone is talking so well of?:)
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2002 at 9:43pm

For Karen Shelton, two thumbs up
and a couple of big toes, too!

Karen, never doubt that you are
a very important lady in the hair world.
Your site is truly amazing and you
have done an incredible amount of
work.

You can`t please everyone but by golly,
lady, you do a darn good job of trying!
I see nothing written that forces a customer
to purchase items from your site.

Happy to be a customer,
a reader,
a visitor to the boards,
and an admirer of your spirit!
(not to mention your gorgeous hair!)

Keep up the great work!

Karen Marie
a.k.a. Accolady
Karen Marie... / ACCOLADY

"You never see Eve, Venus, or the Graces painted with cropped hair."
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2002 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by RedHead RedHead wrote:

Jesus! I can`t belive this. I thought it was unfair that noone told her of other vitamins, like GNC`s ultra nourish hair. Yes she did ask if it was worth it, but she wanted to know if there was any other vitamins, and i thought it was unfair that noone had suggested anything else, just H37 or whatever it is. There is no need to jump down my throat, i felt that it was unfair noone had suggested anything else. She DID ask, if there was another vitamin that can offer some of the same things for less. I was simply suggesting a vitamin i thought would suffice. I`m sorry if you guystook offense to this. I felt as though you were trying to force it onn her because no-one had suggested anything else.

Dear Redhead,

You are right. I should have suggested other vitamins. My apologies for not doing so. I have actually taken alot of GNC vitamins and have their special Tuesday discount card that I use all the time.

Thank you for your suggestion. I do appreciate them and sorry for any confusion on this topic.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2002 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Jessica Quinn Jessica Quinn wrote:

Dear Karen,

I lurk on the various boards but have not posted because I didn't feel that I had anything to say. Until now that is. I felt very bad for you when I read the posts from the people saying you were trying to coerce someone into buying hair vitamins. I know you are not like that from my own experience with you.

I am not sure if you remember me but I met you in Los Angeles last year at the Working Woman conference. I asked you about my hair and how it was all dry and splitting. Not only did you stop and talk to me for 15 minutes about my hair problems you wrote up a on-the-fly table of products and instructions that you thought might work for me. Never mind that they were on a napkin. The suggestions were so helpful and detailed. Ironically none of the products you suggested were sold on your hair site. You recommended ARTec Smoothing and I tried it and my hair improved immediately.

I think that anyone who met you or talked to you would know that you are a warm and very caring woman who sincerely wants to help. Thank you so much for your kindness and time for me. I have been coming to your site ever since last year and have picked up years worth of hair knowledge. My husband hates it when I come to HairBoutique.com because I keep him from his sports news sites on the web. :-)

With Appreciation,
Jessica Quinn

Hi Jessica,

I am so glad ot hear that the ARTec Smoothing worked for you. Thank you for your kinds words...I was blushing. :-)

Yes, I almost always write on napkins, papertowels, paperbags and you name it. I never seem to have a pen or paper when I need them the most. But then I seem to have too much of that stuff cluttering everywhere else. :-(

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2002 at 10:15am
Redhead I do appreciate your concern... however I think that maybe you shouldn`t have said that she was trying to force me to buy the vitamins. She was simply replying back explaining why H37 and others are so expensive. It was very nice of Karen to take time to explain everything.

I`m not jumping down your throat... I think you just misunderstood what Karen was trying to get across me and others who may want to know.
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
RedHead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2002 at 8:57pm
Jesus! I can`t belive this. I thought it was unfair that noone told her of other vitamins, like GNC`s ultra nourish hair. Yes she did ask if it was worth it, but she wanted to know if there was any other vitamins, and i thought it was unfair that noone had suggested anything else, just H37 or whatever it is. There is no need to jump down my throat, i felt that it was unfair noone had suggested anything else. She DID ask, if there was another vitamin that can offer some of the same things for less. I was simply suggesting a vitamin i thought would suffice. I`m sorry if you guystook offense to this. I felt as though you were trying to force it onn her because no-one had suggested anything else.
Long, red, slightly wavy hair. Trying to go grow very long! It`s about 3.75in. from my belt now :)
Jessica Quinn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2002 at 12:40am
Dear Karen,

I lurk on the various boards but have not posted because I didn`t feel that I had anything to say. Until now that is. I felt very bad for you when I read the posts from the people saying you were trying to coerce someone into buying hair vitamins. I know you are not like that from my own experience with you.

I am not sure if you remember me but I met you in Los Angeles last year at the Working Woman conference. I asked you about my hair and how it was all dry and splitting. Not only did you stop and talk to me for 15 minutes about my hair problems you wrote up a on-the-fly table of products and instructions that you thought might work for me. Never mind that they were on a napkin. The suggestions were so helpful and detailed. Ironically none of the products you suggested were sold on your hair site. You recommended ARTec Smoothing and I tried it and my hair improved immediately.

I think that anyone who met you or talked to you would know that you are a warm and very caring woman who sincerely wants to help. Thank you so much for your kindness and time for me. I have been coming to your site ever since last year and have picked up years worth of hair knowledge. My husband hates it when I come to HairBoutique.com because I keep him from his sports news sites on the web. :-)

With Appreciation,
Jessica Quinn

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

Hey! Thank you all so much for your input.

I'm very pleased with the long responce Karen wrote to me. I am probably going to order some eventually. I also thank Jeff for taking the time to help me out!

Yes, I know that there are various things to buy to get your hair to grow...but for right now I think that the vitamins might be just what I need. I don't want to have to take a million vitamins when I can just take one from H37.

I hope they work for me. If not.. I can always return them.

Hi Amber,

I have enjoyed getting to know you better. Thank you for the email today. You are a true credit to your generation. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Merlin Merlin wrote:

Diane and Jane said it very well, Karen. I have never found you to be anything but polite and informative in answering ANYBODY'S questions without "forcing" somebody to buy a particular product. No need to apologize. You do a WONDERFUL job! :)

Hi Merlin,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. It meant a lot to me. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by dianefromcanada dianefromcanada wrote:

I have to agree with Jane. She beat me to it. I have no idea how some people can read into something that isn't there. Karen did a wonderful job of explaining what the ingredients were and the amount in the product. Plus my I add that everytime I have ordered something from Karen and Jeff I had very good service. Never had any problems.

Hi Diane,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Best wishes,
Karen
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Waggy Waggy wrote:

wow Karen!!!

You guys impress me.

To add my own: I think that to get an idea of why the price is different in the 37 and Hairtopia you have only to read the ingredients.

It so happens I make up my own at present because I am already taking (and therefore have) a lot of the ingredients, including the amino acids and minerals.

But whether you buy the ingredients in the formulas sold here, mix and match with your own you will pay about the same for about the same ingredients. And yes, it is easier to have them, or most of them in one bottle, which is why I will be going to one of the Formula's when I get done with my mixing of current vitamins.

Also, obviously if we all ate the way we should we probably wouldn't need this. So - who gonna tell me they are doing that. Because if you are you are also your perfect weight and at maximum health for your genetics, right. I know that's never gonna be me - so I make up for my "sins" as well as I can in other ways...gabi

Hi Waggy,

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, eating well is definitely a challenge. Whenever I down an ice cold Shiner Bock I immediately go to the fridge and pop a Vitamin B complex. Then I say....well Karen duh...maybe you should skip the Shiner and do better by drinking water only. I don`t drink very often because I know that the liver is the key organ that grows hair and although I love Shiner Bock, my liver doesn`t. LOL. Sp no matter how hard I try to eat "right" I need support from vitamins to help me with my obvious "sins" because I am definitely human when it comes to loving the typical American diet. :-)

Thanks again for your post.

Best wishes.
Karen
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by GodivaFan GodivaFan wrote:

Hey Karen,
No need to apologize. You were just answering the lady Amber's questions. I have never experienced you here as trying to push or sell anything. I have read posts where you tell folks not to buy something from the site because you don't think it would help them for some reason. It was very nice of you to offer Amber vitamins at no charge. You are a class act lady.

Thanks GodivaFan. You made my day. :-)

Karen
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 12:22pm
I used HF37 -- no exp with HairTopia tho -- and they worked well for me.

I just can`t take any mulit vitamin bc my body revolts...headaches, nausea...etc....my doc says it`s because there is something in the vitamins that my body doesn`t need.

Let me clarify that it`s not just with the vitamins here, it`s with ANY multi vitamin! :)

I take b complex and vitamin c and that`s it.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 10:21am
Also I would like to point out that, Karen, in NO way needed to apologize!!
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 10:12am
Hey! Thank you all so much for your input.

I`m very pleased with the long responce Karen wrote to me. I am probably going to order some eventually. I also thank Jeff for taking the time to help me out!

Yes, I know that there are various things to buy to get your hair to grow...but for right now I think that the vitamins might be just what I need. I don`t want to have to take a million vitamins when I can just take one from H37.

I hope they work for me. If not.. I can always return them.
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 10:04am
Diane and Jane said it very well, Karen. I have never found you to be anything but polite and informative in answering ANYBODY`S questions without "forcing" somebody to buy a particular product. No need to apologize. You do a WONDERFUL job! :)
Merlin
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 9:16am
I have to agree with Jane. She beat me to it. I have no idea how some people can read into something that isn`t there. Karen did a wonderful job of explaining what the ingredients were and the amount in the product. Plus my I add that everytime I have ordered something from Karen and Jeff I had very good service. Never had any problems.
dianefromcanada
GodivaFan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GodivaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 3:13am
Hey Karen,
No need to apologize. You were just answering the lady Amber`s questions. I have never experienced you here as trying to push or sell anything. I have read posts where you tell folks not to buy something from the site because you don`t think it would help them for some reason. It was very nice of you to offer Amber vitamins at no charge. You are a class act lady.
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 2:50am
wow Karen!!!

You guys impress me.

To add my own: I think that to get an idea of why the price is different in the 37 and Hairtopia you have only to read the ingredients.

It so happens I make up my own at present because I am already taking (and therefore have) a lot of the ingredients, including the amino acids and minerals.

But whether you buy the ingredients in the formulas sold here, mix and match with your own you will pay about the same for about the same ingredients. And yes, it is easier to have them, or most of them in one bottle, which is why I will be going to one of the Formula`s when I get done with my mixing of current vitamins.

Also, obviously if we all ate the way we should we probably wouldn`t need this. So - who gonna tell me they are doing that. Because if you are you are also your perfect weight and at maximum health for your genetics, right. I know that`s never gonna be me - so I make up for my "sins" as well as I can in other ways...gabi
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 12:54am
Hi Jane & all,

My response to Amber above was definitely designed to answer Amber`s questions

and I specifically said:

"I realize that they (H37, HairTopia) are not for everyone and that the price may be too high for some. I respect that and understand that everyone has to do what is right for their own needs and pocketbooks"

If that sounds like I am trying to force, convince or coerce anyone to buy anything from me of the site, my deepest apologies. My goal was to give Amber the very best and most honest answer I could give about why the vitamins cost what they cost.

Amber, if you email me privately at shelton@hairboutique.com I will make sure you receive vitamins we currently have in our store at no cost to you as a way to show that I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am only sharing what I know from my own personal 15 years of hair growing experiences and from what I have heard from hundreds of people who have taken the various products.

It is hard to be able to give my honest opinion, which I know is mine and not everyone agrees, and yet not seem like I am trying to convince anyone of anything or trying to sell anything.

Also, we do list every single ingredient in the vitamins we sell and we encourage anyone to use the list to make their own formulas or buy whatever they feel is best for their hair whether it be $11 or $111 a bottle.

My apologies if this was misconstrued in any way.

Best wishes,
Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic