Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kim K View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extensions
    Posted: March 02 2005 at 6:31pm
Has anyone heard of off track hair bonding, how easy is it to remove the glue after? Has anyone tried hair fusion or used linkies? thanks
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:32pm
Kim, I haven't heard of off-track bonding, but as to fusion and linkies (more often called microrings around here), just click the blue search button in the upper right corner and try a few different search phrases.

Also, when it comes to fusion, you might try specific brand names, such as Great Lengths or Cinderella, as a search term. There's lots of info here, you just have to do a little digging to find it.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:41pm
Hey Kim,

Welcome--and ditto everything Leia said.

We also call the linkies "extendtubes," and a lot of people have used them with success. And others on the boards, including Sherrie and Kristin, have done fusion and could tell you more about that.

A good place to start might be with the Extensions 101 and Bridget, Your Question Is Here threads on the top of the page. You'll find tutorials and info there for all of these methods.

Good luck! :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:41pm
Welcome to the board Kim! Yes I have heard of off track bonding with Liquid Gold Glue. I have never done it, but Ive read about it on the LG website, and do intend to try it sometime. Ive used LG glue quite extensively. LG isnt that hard to remove. The key I think with any glue removal is patience. Sometimes the remover needs to soak awhile to soften and breakdown the bond, then its pretty easily removed. Different people prefer different types of removers. Some people like the oil type removers, I prefer to use the acetone remover.

I use fusion on my own head. Not hand fusion, I find it to much of a pain! I use preglued strands with a heat wand. Fusion can be damaging, if not done correctly (but any method done incorrectly can cause damage) Fusion just requires alot more carefullness with application and removal. And really shouldnt be used on severely damaged hair. My own hair is pretty damaged from bleach, color etc, but Im very careful with my hair and Id say Ive had minimal damage, but I would like to switch methods because I know Im not helping my hair any by using this method!
Linkies or micro-rings or extendtubes are ok methods too and pretty easy to learn and probably one of the least expensive methods to do. I personally dont like the metal links I think the are more uncomforatable than other methods, but lots of people on this board use them and love em!

And another easy to learn method is the shrinkies, which is a small heat shrink tube that you use like the linkies but you shrink it on with a heat wand rather than pinch it shut like the microrings.
kim540 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:57pm
Thank you everyone for all the info, It's been driving me crazy trying to figure it out. You guys are great!
kim540 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:59pm
Sherrie,

Whats the difference between fusion and hand fusion?
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 9:39pm
Well it all has the same end result, there are just different ways to apply fusion extensions. Hand fusion, you apply the hot adhesive(glue) to the loose extension hair tips either from a glue gun or hotpot before attaching to natural hair. With wand fusion you use strands of extension hair that already has the glue on the tips in a shape that resembles a fingernail. Then you use a heat wand (fusion iron) to clamp the natural hair and preglued tip together to melt the glue into the hair that way....much easier in my opinion. Less guesswork, you always have the right amount of glue so the result is a better bond and eliminates the shedding issues that some people get with hand fusion.

Either method has its advantages and disadvantages. I think its just a personal preference, and hand fusion takes alot more skill and practice to get good at!
kim540 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 7:05pm
Thanks again for all your help. Have you heard of the Malaysian Method, if you have what is it and how does it work?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic