Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yet another thermofiber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yet another thermofiber
    Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:28pm
I was at my local hair store today and I asked the proprieter if he had any thermofiber. Why, yes, he did....this kind was by Zury. It's called OPH--organic protein hair. It said on the back of the package that it can be curled with an iron up to 270 degrees F. It comes in more colors than some kinds we've seen so far, but I didn't know what I could do with only a 14 inch weft for $14.99.

He told me it also comes in 18 inches, though (supposedly for the same price) but he didn't carry it because he didn't think it would sell. I've been looking, but the only vendor I've found online is in Ecuador! Here's the link from Zury (Royal Imex, Inc): http://www.royalimex.com/aspx/product_detail.aspx?item=OPH%20SILKY%20YAKY&category=&size=

It also comes as braiding hair. Here's the picture of the weave hair, though:

Now we just need to find someone (not in South America) who sells it. Oh, and if we have found longer thermo weave in the past, let me know, 'cause I forgot.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:36pm
Great find, Leia! Who knew there was so much therm available? Have you been using any therm so far? I know you got the PH 50mm, but I can't remember if you had the WaWa or the ebonyline too.

Not to hijack this thread, but I was wondering if some of the therm girls could give us an update. I didn't have much luck with the ebonyline, but I know others have, both with that hair and the WaWa. Any updates on longer-term use or tips? I know Octavia and Fina were also having some difficulty with the therm initally, but I know Fina is wearing it now, so perhaps it was a matter of experimenting with the hair?

:)
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:50pm
I haven't used any yet. The only thermofibers I've found locally are only 14", which isn't useful to me. I'd consider a bag of 18", especially if it's like $15. Right now, I'm waiting until after the Easter musical (March 20) to install the PH. After that, I'll consider thermo.

Oh, and as to what I posted initially...the guy at the store said that this is actually the second brand of thermofiber he's carried. He said it's much better quality than what he had before (yet another brand I hadn't heard of).

And even more info (but the pictures don't work): http://www.chathambeauty.com/oph.html

Apparently it's technically Zury's related brand, Hollywood.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 8:10pm
Oooh, and Sensationnel makes their own OPH fiber, and it comes in 20" Euro straight weaving. Woo!
http://www.sensationnel.com/fall2003/spell_innovation.html

Of course, I haven't found anyone who sells it, yet.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 8:52pm
Leia thats the problem I found with Hollywood OPH and Sensationnel OPH, they advertise but offer no place to actually purchase it!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 9:16pm
Hairpiece (the store) sells Zury - they have tons of it - several rows of nothing but Zury. I don't know why it isn't specified on the website. At the store, it's mostly yaki, that big witches broom braid, and the little micro braids- aimed at black hair, I assume. There is very little silky straight and body wave in synthetic. And the stuff I did buy - the more expensive monofiber they list on the website - was like horsehair.
I looked at the store locater on that royalimex website, and they list many stores in Los Angeles as carrying their products. Almost all are located in primarily AA communities, which makes total sense. Maybe I should just call a few and see if they even carry that OPH hair. If I get a yes, I'll see what colors they carry. I'll give it a whirl this weekend and report back.
Did you girls look at the store locator?

ps - good sleuth work, Leia!!
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 1:04am
Love the variety of color blends!
Thanks Leia
Keep us posted superslooth!!
Gna
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 7:07pm
I'd just like to say...SCORE! I went to my other local hair supplier (whom Zury also happened to list as carrying their products), and they had an entire row of Zury 18" OPH weaving in I think every color they make.

For $14 (before tax) I bought "black wine" which is really a reddish-toned #4 (and a good match for my hair). It is a little more coarse than my hair (it does say silky yaky after all) and is only a little bit more shiny.

A strange thing to note is that this stuff says to condition it after shampooing. I did tests with the curling iron, which I will post later tonight, when I have time.

I will say this stuff acts more like human hair than synth, especially when wet!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic