Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which do you think looks better?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NewOrleansLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewOrleansLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which do you think looks better?
    Posted: August 04 2003 at 10:39pm
My hair is to the top of my bra strap, stright and medium thickness. Do you think that all one length looks best or layers?

I'm really looking for a change but, still want to keep my length. I'm thinking that layers will do the trick but, I notice on some other ladies that their layers just blend in with the rest of their hair and it causes their hair to look chopped up (not in a good way). My hair is naturally stright so I would probably have to blow dry with a round brush everyday after getting layers.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2003 at 3:46pm
Do you want to go to the trouble of having to blow dry with a round brush every day to have your hair look good? I have to do that now for a short bob and I don't like it. Just something to think about.

Twanda
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2003 at 4:06pm
Just my opinion but seems layers woudl give you the best of both worlds... let them blend in or your lazy days yet the layers will move on their own a the front area will look diff and on days you feel like it poof it up fo ra sexier look. you might get more responses if you post this somewhere other than the Cosmetics section...
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 7:48am
I think it depends on the thickness and texture of your hair. If your hair is thick and coarse then layers would be great. On the other hand, if your hair is on the fine or thin side layers would be a disaster. Maybe try some wispy bangs that can be pushed out of the way instead?
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 9:53am
Doll is absolutely right: it's all about thickness. In high school my classmate had layers cut into her fine hair, and it was indeed a "disaster." They hung in very obvious, separated steps that looked as if the art teacher hacked at them with blunt scissors. Now her hair is long and all one length and looks fabulous. However, if your hair is on the thick side the layers might give you the variety and style you seek! I would go to a stylist, have he/she take a good look and feel of your hair and then make a decision.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2003 at 1:55pm
I find that layers are hard to pull off
nicely. How about some wispy bangs
instead?
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 4:10am
If your hair is wavy or curly, layers can be great. For me they're a must or my hair becomes a big bush.
[/url]

Jeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 10:08am

Layers can be good or bad. I believe longer layers blend in better than shortere layered looks.

I wouldn't recommend that you change your styling technique to one where you're using a hair dryer most every day as it can be more damaging.

Maybe discuss the pros and cons with a hairstylist who has experience with longer hair. It can make the difference! :o)

deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:09pm

Hi Hi:

I agree that is depends on your type and hair texture.  I myself like layers.  I think they look best.

Susan

Susan
msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by deltagirl12345 deltagirl12345 wrote:

Hi Hi:

I agree that is depends on your type and hair texture.  I myself like layers.  I think they look best.

Susan

Agreed!

msblueyes
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 7:35am
It also depends on the shape of your face! Not all haircuts look good on everyone. I love the layered look because it gives my long oblonged  shaped face a whole new look. How about trying on a few wigs to see what might work? Good luck!
kelliegirl66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelliegirl66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 9:25am
I love layers!!  I have thick, curly hair and layers help while wearing it curly or straight.  My daughter, who is 12 just got her a little longer then shoulder length hair layered and loves it!!  She does have thick hair with a lot of body.  You just have a lot more options for versitility with layers!!  Good luck.
Carlotta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 1:14pm
Layers can actually look quite cool if you are able to seem them, but only if you have just two or three layers. Never have any more than that or it totally makes your hair look chopped up and wronggggg!! Unless it's curly and it blends it. Never have more than 3 layers in your hair if it's thin and quite straight. *Thumbs up*
Chaz xx
Beautifulinblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautifulinblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 11:02pm
I LOVE layers. Up until January this year I had hair down to my rib cage and it was straight, but very thick. Sometimes it would cooperate and I could avoid the scissor's but eventualy I got so sick of it, and got it cut to just below my shoulders. Its a much easier length to maintain and the layers are terrific. Layers also look great. Hair sits so much better when its down, especially if you have thick hair. I'll always layer my hair now.
Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic