Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FACIAL HAIR problems. dun dun dun ! help please ! ! !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FACIAL HAIR problems. dun dun dun ! help please ! ! !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
i_liketoeat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i_liketoeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FACIAL HAIR problems. dun dun dun ! help please ! ! !
    Posted: February 08 2005 at 8:39pm
Friend's got FACIAL hair problems!
I guess you can say.. PEACH HAIR. or that FUZZY stuff on your face. but hers is a taaaddd bit more noticeable than average people. Her face isn't a monkey's face, but her peach fuzz isn't PEACH FUZZ. Should she wax it or not? It can become longer and darker right?

I know not to even mention SHAVING it...

She's fair-skinned. Not really on the tan side. When it's sunny out, you can see her peach fuzz. It's pretty long for.. facial hair ..

How about those facial creams that supposibly thin out the hair on your face. Do those work ??

All advice/comments welcome!
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:12am
i would definitly advise against waxing or shaving her face....eeew...
you can buy little 'hair mitts' which i use sometimes in between leg sugaring, they are a really fine sandpaper which just break the hair off...very easy, and dont cause blunt regrowth. not sure how good they would be for facial hair though
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 7:43am
Methods of treating facial hair

Shaving
Plus: easy, fast, and cheap
Minus: you have to do it every day or two

Waxing
Plus: fast and complete
Minus
- gotta make an appointment
- painful
- Eventually the natural cycle of hair growth will cause hairs to grow in every day, so you end up with lots of growth soon after appointments.
- Can be expensive when used over a period of years.

Plucking
Plus - easy to do at home
Minus - works best for a few hairs

Epilation
Plus
- easy to do at home as often as you like
- Once you buy the device, there are no more costs.
Minus
- You have to buy an epilator.
- painful, but you get used to it

Bleaching
Plus - can be done at home
Minus
- Skin may be sensitive to chemicals.
- Causes blackheads.
- Can only turn the hair blond, making it less noticeable.

Laser hair removal
Plus - permanent
Minus
- expensive, you need to come up with a large amount of money all at once for a treatment
- followup treatment is necessary

Electrology
Plus - permanent
Minus
- expensive, though costs can be spread out, as you need not do it all at once
- time-consuming, requiring many appointments
- painful

I did a lot of electrolysis years ago, and I never regretted it. I never have to shave my legs, and I think of what a hassle that used to be. (OK, sometimes I wonder what I'd do with all that money, haha.)

If you really hate facial hair (or any other body hair), you should consider getting it removed permanently. Costs of waxing add up, too.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i_liketoeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 12:16pm
How about those facial moisturizers/creams that supposibly thin out the facial hairs? Do those work as well ??? Or will I just be wasting my time everyday risking getting pimples?

Thanks for the replies!!!
Del Piero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 4:57pm
Tell your friend to grow a cool beard or sumthin.
EuroDance!!!
Takin it back to the 90's.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i_liketoeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 4:23pm
HAhaha. My Girl, friend to grow a cool beard ..

Interesting. haha
pupu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pupu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 8:19pm
I would suggest that your friend buy a bleaching kit that's especially for facial hair. You can get that just about any store like Wal-Mart. Make sure your friends knows that she has to do a small test spot to see how her skin takes it to it, because some people have very sensitive skin. I would not shave because you grow back stuble and it will even more noticable, plus you'll have to shave it basically every day! Waxing could be another option, but it's actually rather painful and could leave your skin very irriated because that area is very sensitive. I would not suggest plucking either, that seems extremely painful, and it will cause irritation and possibly ingrown hairs after awhile.
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 1:06am
Originally posted by i_liketoeat i_liketoeat wrote:

Or will I just be wasting my time everyday risking getting pimples?

don't you mean will 'your friend' risk getting pimples everyday....?
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i_liketoeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 7:29pm
Hahaah thats funny. Yea me! i'm thinking of trying it out too. You tend to get self-conscious when someone around you constantly is. Agree ? disagree?

I shall try the bleach kit..

She'll try waxing.

ouch. we'll see.
kaylajean444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylajean444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 7:33pm
my step cousin actually has the same problem.. she really goes and gets her whole face waxed.. i wouldn't reccomend it tho
skay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 9:06pm
Waxing is the best way to go ..painful a wee bit but worth it and you will get used to it...also 75% of women shave ~ usually the upper lip.
Bleaching ...hello you can still see the hair!

Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2005 at 7:16am

Shaving is the stupidest thing to do! I don’t even recommend shaving your legs! shaving rash aint hot and neither is lady stubble.
also, dont go using 1 of thoes mits i tried that when i was about 15 or 16 and i ended up sore, red and still hairy!
sand paper is for wood not skin.
If u want to remove the hair then ur best option is waxing, but if u just want to lessen its visibility then bleach it.

Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2005 at 6:58pm

Yep..................Electrolysis and Laser...... worth the money.... They are gone F O R E V E R  !!!

I was haunted by 'renegade hairs' popping up, and could not keep up with the FBI-type searching in the mirror....!!!

Seven years on my wedding day... I was the usual bride... gown and all the works..... but I did my own hair and cosmetics, as it was out in the country, and I did not want to hassle with the pros coming out... So, at the reception, I excused myself and in the ladies room noticed a darker than normal spot under  the left side of my chin (like a pencil dot)... I dillied with and it turned out to be A ONE INCH CORKSCREW HAIR!!!!  Mortified!!  Thank God, it was not dangling like a chandelier.... Off to the electrolysis expert the following month!!!! Tee Hee

Genie Aldrich
Pharmdarling24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharmdarling24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 7:38pm

your friend needs to go see endocretionologist! why? because excess facial hair espically on the cheeks can be an indication that there is a hormone problem. They will do a simple blood test. they are specialized in this area. also she may have a sensitivity to testrone ( females produce small amounts) which would cause her body to react thus the hairy face, or she may have a benin tumor on the adrenal gland which is a minor surgery with minimal complications. If after all that is normal and the problem is not solved if you do not want to spend major money on hair removal go see a dermatologist. Dermatologists have a few procedures which are not too expensive that will remove the hair for months at a time. Plus you would be under the Treatment of an M.D. If you want to go really cheap wax it! it will grow in thinner not darker and there are creams which you apply afterward which slows growth.

Good luck! I hope your friend gets her problem solved

sporty_chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:07pm
all i can say is...
THREAD!!!
its easy and fast...but it takes alot of practise...and its reeeeeeeeeellllllli cheap..just take a simple thin thread, tie the 2 ends together, hold it up in a rectangular shape with your index finger and thumb, twist it atleast 5 times in the middle...after thats dun, place your thread on one hair at a time (for beginngers)...make 1 set of fingers smaller and one set bigger then quickly switch (make sure u trap that hair inbetween the twists and thread), when you swith make the finger set which was small, big and the finger set that was big, small. it takes loads of practice but in the long run its cheap and easier then anything else.
Hope that helps.  
Much Luv
Your Canadian Buddy :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic