Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

uneven complexion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: uneven complexion
    Posted: March 29 2003 at 11:58am
does anyone know how to get an even complexion because my forhead is darker than the rest of my face and so is my chin are there any types of cremes i can use or anything, and if there is please tell me where i can buy them.

Thanx
BaBy*
cutelillady02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutelillady02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 10:40am
Are you African American? I was just wondering because I am and I use Ultra Glow. It makes my darker spots less noticable. Especially if you wash your face and use it everyday.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 2:35pm
This is an old eastern (indian/indonesian) recipe for just such a purpose. I use it myself and can vouch for it's effectiveness. It is called "ubtan" and is traditionally used on brides to make their facial complexion the best that it can be on the wedding day. I use it for 3 consecutive days whenever my skin is starting to look dull, uneven and patchy in tone.

INGREDIENTS
1 teaspoon Sandalwood powder
Half teaspoon chickpea flour
Quarter teaspoon tumeric powder
3 teaspoons of either lemon juice (in autumn/winter) or Orris water (in spring/summer)

Blend well and apply paste to the whole of the face after your normal washing routine. Wear latex gloves when applying because the tumeric will stain your nails yellow. It won't have the same effect on your skin, however.
Leave on for 15 minutes or so, until it is dry.
Moisten face with water and gently wash off the ubtan.
Do this for three nights. On day 3 you will notice the difference.

Good luck.
Uzi

baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 7:08pm
cutelilladey,
can you please tell me where i can buy the product you are talking about, does it do any damage to your skin, and how much is it.
thanx
Uzma,
i don't have any of those ingredients perhaps you can tell me where i can get them since it is a more natural way to take care of your skin.
thanx
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 5:05pm
Hi Baby*Flower (what a lovely name!)

You can get the ingredients I mentioned at Indian or Middle-Eastern grocery stores.

They are very low-priced.
Don't expect to pay more than $5 for enough to make you about 20 treatments if not more.

Good luck.

Uzma
Uzi

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic