Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skin of face and lips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skin of face and lips
    Posted: June 17 2003 at 12:08pm
I think it has been mentioned on the board before that the skin on the lips is much more sensitive than face skin. I've been having problems with constantly having sunburned lips when I am out in the sun for a long time (almost the whole day), even when I use lip balm with sunscreen.

I've recently noticed that my face moisturizer (with an SPF) contains zinc oxide, but my lip balm sunscreen does not. Could that be the magic ingredient I need to prevent sunburned lips?

I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem, or could reccomend products that would help. Also, do you use lip balm regularly? and would that lead to sun sensitivity of the skin on lips? Would it just be better to leave the skin on the lips alone?

Just a note, I had been using vaseline lip therapy on my lips, but since the thread on it, have been trying to use less of it, and trying to not use it at all.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 3:16pm
Papillion, I like your pretty new avatar!

I keep my lips covered with an opaque lipstick, usually followed by a gloss, and that seems to block out the sun completely. Even at the beach, I keep reapplying lipstick. I've found that to be very effective. I also use Avon care deeply lip balm from time to time, but the lipstick seems to be my best sun prevention product.

I would be interested to know others' lip-sun experiences.

Elissa
[/url]

papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 5:27pm
Thanks Elissa!

I actually went back to using the Vaseline Lip Therapy since a nurse told me it was the best to use to moisturize the lips.

I'm starting to use the Chapstick Ultra with SPF30, maybe that would help.

I was previously using Banana Boat Aloe Vera Lip balm, but I think there's an ingredient there that I'm allergic to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic