Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eyebrows Waxed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Errine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Errine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eyebrows Waxed?
    Posted: July 06 2003 at 1:29pm
I am thinking about whether or not to get my eyebrows waxed. A friend got hers done for the first time last week and she said it was really wonderful! She said that at first it stinged when they did the waxing but after about a few seconds it goes away.

Do the eyebrows grow back if you wax them? I don't want to wind up where I have to paint or draw my eyebrows onto my skin. Is there something to put on them to help them from stinging?

Thanks.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 10:08pm
They will most definatly grow back, especially when its your first time waxing.

It is true that after a while the hair will stop growing after continuous waxing. But this usually don't happen until you have been waxing for 10 years or more.

So wax away!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 2:58pm
If you decide to wax and then later want to grow back your eyebrows, they will probably grow back in sparsely at 1st. I found it helpful to use an eyebrow pencil sparingly to fill in the spots that haven't fully grown back in yet.
Igor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2003 at 7:38am
I’ve heard that repeatedly waxing will stop the hairs from growing out because it will damage the follicles
1BCiii
Golden/reddish blonde
Growing out from 0 mm, now a little
below shoulder lenght
cait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2003 at 7:30pm
It does sting when you have your eyebrows waxed, but it's not really that bad and the result can be worth it. If done right, you should end up with a good shape that you can maintain yourself by tweezing. Your beautician should put some sort of gel around the red areas, maybe aloe vera or similiar.

My advice is to talk to the person waxing your eyebrows before going ahead to make sure s/he knows the shape you're after. You will almost certainly end up with a great result, and if not, eyebrow hairs do grow back quickly so don't worry!:)

Cait x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic