Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AAAAAAAH!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Abby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AAAAAAAH!
    Posted: November 25 2003 at 12:25am
AAAAAAH! My skin is going crazy! I have very dry skin, and lately it has been really not behaving well. My nose is really red and is flaking like crazy,especially around the nostril area. This is really frustrating becuase I can't even cover the redness up with makeup, becuase my skin is so dry and the flakes show through. Also, from trying to moisturize it so much, my blackheads are really excessive. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to take away the redness, or deal w/ the other problems? Thanks.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2003 at 7:17pm
Hi Abby...just a few of my fave skin rules....

No mineral oils, petolatum, nut oils, direct alcohols synthetic fragrance or dyes.

Make sure your cleanser isn't too harsh...how does your skin feel after cleansing?

A good exfolient...or polish. ...but not too harsh.

A moisturizer that soaks into and doesn't sit on top of the skin....and protects all day without blocking pores.

I'm rambling...You have to love your skincare...how it feels on your skin...how it makes your skin feel...how it smells. If you love your skincare you will be consistant and look forward to using it everyday.

Be aware that as the seasons change, it's likely the skin products need to shift slightly too...

I love good skincare, Cheers..
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2003 at 7:09pm
Hello Abby

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a bad time with your skin. Hope I can help.

I think you need a series of hydrating and calming skin treatments. Here are some suggestions you may like to try......

For hydration:
Do not use soap to cleanse the skin.
Instead, wet your face with warm water and apply a gentle cleansing lotion (e.g Neutrogena). Gently work it into the skin…and now the important bit….leave it on for 5 minutes.
This will soften the flaking skin as well as adding water into the epidermis (top layer of skin).
After 5 minutes apply a pure vegetable oil to your skin (I recommend sweet almond oil). Massage the oil delicately into the skin and then use a muslin or fine cotton or silk cloth to wipe away the lotion and oil. Then rinse with slightly warmer water.
Don’t apply any more moisturiser unless the skin feels tight after 20 minutes.

For calming:
Make a mask of one egg yolk, half a teaspoon of honey and 3 drops of pure olive oil (not extra virgin).
Apply the mixture onto damp skin and leave for 30 minutes before rinsing off.
You can do this every alternate night or as often as you like.

Also, do not use hot or cold water on your skin. Keep it lukewarm so as not to stress the skin.
Protect your skin when out of doors in extreme weather – apply a little almond oil before going out and wrap a scarf around your head, covering as much of your face as you are able.

Consistency is the key to success in skincare, so whatever works for you, keep doing it.

Best wishes,
Uzi

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic