Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Face mask recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Face mask recommendations
    Posted: December 15 2003 at 5:29am
Hi Everyone

I’ve been indulging in moisturising face masks, trying to prevent and undo some of the effects of chill winter winds.

Here are the ones that really worked for me, that I thought to share with you. I recommend them to anyone who has sensitive, dry and dehydrated skin.

Nivea Visage - Pampering Honey Mask
Contains honey extract and macadamia nut oil and comes in a sachet.
This mask has a really luxurious and rich consistency and I had to apply it twice because the first application sunk into my skin very quickly.
Cost: Reasonable

The Sanctuary – Intensive vitamin E moisture mask
Contains Vit E, panthenol and glycerine.
A whipped lotion that does the job very quickly. It can be used as an intensive moisturiser and be left on overnight. I find that it doesn’t clog pores or leave a greasy residue on the skin.
Cost: Mid-range

Nuxe – Masque doux aromatique
This product is a prime example of how you get what you pay for in terms of quality.
It contains 9 essential oils, rare clays, vit E, seaweed, 3 vegetable oils, birch extract, grapefruit extract and allantoin (highly moisturising ingredient).
A non-greasy cream that inputs therapeautic/hydrating ingredients and then locks them in. My skin felt great all day after using this treatment the night before.
Cost: Expensive but not prohibitive

If you intend to enter spring-time with a flawless and radiant complexion, a face pack a week can make a real contribution.

Enjoy !!
Uzi

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 1:38pm
Hi Uzma,

Thanks for the info. I have rosacea and unfortunately MOST masks tend to inflame my skin. I used to love playing with a ton of different masks but now I don't dare or else. So far an homemade oatmeal mask with work for my skin because it is so soothing but other than that I am afraid to try anything with a clay base.

Thanks again for the info.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 6:30pm
Interesting advice on the masks.
I know a few drier skin ladies who might love these.
Thanks.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
pinksaliva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksaliva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 8:51pm
i have very dry skin, no acne but its sooo dry that it runs flaky.. hope it works, im gonna try the nivea one
pinksaliva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksaliva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 8:52pm
i have very dry skin, no acne but its sooo dry that it runs flaky.. hope it works, im gonna try the nivea one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic