Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trendyindywoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trendyindywoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acne
    Posted: January 04 2004 at 10:36am
Hi I'm new to the site and find it very interesting. I have an issue. I have a problem with acne. Not bad just get breakouts...........what's good over the counter for it or should I just see a derm??
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2004 at 11:16am
it's probably a good idea to see a derm if it's more than just a spot or two every month or so. He/she can either give you medicine or tell you ways to prevent them.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 9:21am
Find a product with beta hydroxy acid and one with benzoyl peroxide. The beta hydroxy exfoliates the skin and readies it for the benzoyle peroxide which disinfects the skin to rid it of acne. I'm a big Paula's Choice fan (can be bought on the internet www.cosmeticscop.com) and those are the products I would recomend.

There are many Benzoyl peroxide products at the drugstore, however.

Twanda
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2004 at 7:47pm
I just started using Neutrogena products (I started a thread called Neutrogena for adult acne). I am amazed so far at the results.
I took their online skin evaluation and have been using the products recommended for me for less than a week, with dramatic results.
Check it out, you might like it.
I am generally a product snob, I used to sell department store cosmetics, and I still use high-end brands for color products. Neutrogena is middle of the line, not really inexpensive, but high quality with a lot of research behind their products. They can be found at grocery/drug stores, Target is a good place.
Best of luck.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
tiger_chick41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiger_chick41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 9:52pm
I've had really good luck with Clean&Clear products. I started using it because it was the cheapest and found that it worked. But that's just me. Others might find they have different results. Good luck.
Jenna
emmawatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmawatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2010 at 12:28am
Acne is a common inflammatory skin disease that mainly affects the face, neck, chest and upper back. It is caused by an interaction between Hormones, bacteria and sebum produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin. Symptoms show as comedones (pimples), pustiles (lessions filled with pus) and occasionally Cysts.

Edited by emmawatson - June 11 2010 at 11:28pm
Emma Watson
Inika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2010 at 11:02pm
If a topical solution is being used and the acne doesn't clear up... most people don't realize that a simple colon cleanse will help greatly.

Almost everyone at some point get blockages or the walls may not be clean which will cause a kind of toxification which is then distributed in the blood stream.
The skin can break out or sometime even a rash will occur in response to the body being "poisoned" by what is called grey matter. The stuff that stick to the colon walls until it gets cleaned.

Edited by Inika - July 14 2010 at 11:03pm
Wish You The Best In Natural Hair,
shelly12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelly12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 6:39am

Acne is a disorder of the skin caused by inflammation of the skin glands and hair follicles. Since it forms under the skin, washing away surface oils does not do much to prevent or cure it. Acne treatment falls into three categories:

1.Cleansing and Exfoliating

2.Keeping It Clear

3.Medications

kaileesteven01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaileesteven01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 1:29am
Well, try using over-the-counter products with benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide is a home remedy for acne very good because it breaks the record of dead cells, bacteria and oil into the pores. You can start using a lotion with a low concentration of benzoyl peroxide, such as 2.5 or 5 percent. If your acne does not improve within four to six weeks, you can try a lotion or gel of 10 percent.

jamieH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 11:09am
 My acne product doesn't contain benzoyl peroxide, it's purely natural but effectively clears the acne. It also leaves without scarring and made the skin soft and smooth as new.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic