Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

red acne marks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: red acne marks
    Posted: February 01 2004 at 4:49pm
does anyone have a good remedy for red acne marks?
I know that they are supposed to fade after a few months, but mine take forever to go away.
I wear sunscreen, but does anyone have any good ideas for helping them to fade on oily, olive tone skin?
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
Helicala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helicala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2004 at 7:48am
Oh god I know how you feel. Mine take forever to go away too.

I had two Pulsed Dye Laser treatments. It the's same thing they use to remove port wine stains and such. Anyway, it worked beautifully. The face is bruised for about 10 days after the treatment, but the results are more than worth it. The thing is, though, that there is a risk of hypopigmentation, meaning that the lasered area may come out too pale when it heals. I have very fair skin so it wasn't a problem for me. *shrugs* Talk to a dermatologist.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic