Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rubbing Alcohol for skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kanyewest86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanyewest86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubbing Alcohol for skin
    Posted: May 31 2004 at 9:32pm
I heard that you can use rubbing alcohol and some cotton balls to get help your skin.

When I put some of the rubbing alcohol on my cottonball and rubbed my face, dirt was on the cotton ball so doea alcohol clean your face?
"Killin y'all niggaz on that lyrical shit
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips"

Kanye West (Last Call)
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2004 at 6:54pm
I guess its ok. But dont use it too often, it will dry out your face. You might want to buy some Astringment. After you wash your face, you apply this to a cotton ball or cotton round pad works best and rub it all over your face and neck, and you see the dirt on the cotton pad even after you washed your face. This Astringment also helps dry out the pimples and acne on your face causing them to shrink and fall off your face.
Don't Fear the Dark...Fear what's in it!
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 4:14pm
I remember in the 80s doing this myself, until I had a dermatologist tell me that the brown color on the cotton ball is not all dirt, some of it is healthy oil you are not supposed to remove. Alcohol is just an old fashioned way of cleansing skin and is not great for the skin, you should buy a toner or astringent which will give you the cleaning you want without stripping the skin which can actually make acne worse.
pook-guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pook-guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 4:52am
why not try toner that wont dry your skin. Yes, i think that removing too much of the oil can be harmful for your skin cause some of it actually protects your face from dirt.
tennischick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennischick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2004 at 8:00am
yes it cleans your face but it also dries it alot! so jus put some lotion on it afterwards but not much and it should do the job
mIsS JiLL View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mIsS JiLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2005 at 10:24pm
NEVER USE RUBBING ALCOHOL ON YOUR FACE!! what it does is strip your skin of its natural oils, which drys out your face and makes your skin produce even MORE oil!!! which can lead to pimples!!! Trust me!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic