Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scalp issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scalp issue
    Posted: September 26 2004 at 11:19pm
Okay...I though here might be as good a place as any to mention this.

Some time ago (I'd said when I hit about 15 or 16), I began to notice what appeared a large blister on the right temple of my head. I say 'blister' because it was essentially a big patch of dead skin. It would come off in flakes, making me look like I have dandruff - right after washing my hair!

It eventually spread across the entire front of my hairline in the front. You would see these big spots of dry, flaking skin. It became so severe that hair actually did not grow where the spots were. My mom was at a loss as to what to do. My grandmother gave me a tube of Top Brass, which has an active ingredient in Zinc Pyrithione. This seemed to help.

Fast forward to today (I'm 25). Right after my last professional relaxer, my boyfriend was looking at me and saying, "The side of your face is definitely white." He meant the original spot on my right temple, and he was right. The other areas seem to have cleared up and moved on, but the original locale still has the blister-like skin. Fortunately, the bald spots filled in on their own, but the skin problem remains. I'm beginning to think it's a fungus.

Has anyone had, or heard of this problem? It's more embarrasing than anything now, though when I was younger, it used to be painful, because the dead skin was actually covering raw patches.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2004 at 8:51am
It could be psoriasis. You should go to the doctor and have it checked out. Its probably nothing to worry about since you said some of it went away over time, but a doc can not only tell you what it is, but give you some idea of what to do with it to improve it.
Good luck
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic