Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need opinions on new face lotion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need opinions on new face lotion
    Posted: December 14 2004 at 6:38pm

I got this new face lotion at Wild Oats a few weeks back because I have a few other things from this line and they work pretty well. It's a brand called MyChelle out of Frisco, CO. I purchased the Pumpkin Renew Creme that's supposed to help balance oily skin which my face is definitely a problem skin. The ingredients are:

aqua, shea butter, caprilic/capric triglycerides, caprylate/caprate, sucrose stearate, pumpkin seek oil, sea algae, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycolic acid polymer, PBN (spin trap), ceteareth-20, EGF, totarol, calendule, nutmeg, and jasmine.

I noticed the alcohol after purchasing but not sure on the other ingredients if this will harm my skin or not. It doesn't seem to dry it but I feel it makes my pores/redness worse so I don't know. Normally pumpkin has a calming effect to my skin.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2004 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Spaci32 Spaci32 wrote:

I got this new face lotion at Wild Oats a few weeks back because I have a few other things from this line and they work pretty well. It's a brand called MyChelle out of Frisco, CO. I purchased the Pumpkin Renew Creme that's supposed to help balance oily skin which my face is definitely a problem skin. The ingredients are:

aqua, shea butter, caprilic/capric triglycerides, caprylate/caprate, sucrose stearate, pumpkin seek oil, sea algae, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycolic acid polymer, PBN (spin trap), ceteareth-20, EGF, totarol, calendule, nutmeg, and jasmine.

I noticed the alcohol after purchasing but not sure on the other ingredients if this will harm my skin or not. It doesn't seem to dry it but I feel it makes my pores/redness worse so I don't know. Normally pumpkin has a calming effect to my skin.

I would guess that the cetearyl alcohol is probably pretty innocuous, as alcohols go. But the pumpkin seed oil is rather low on the list, so there isn't much there. Why don't you buy some pumpkin seed oil and shea butter and experiment with a mixture of those?

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic