Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smooth, pretty legs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxx2inxxx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxx2inxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smooth, pretty legs
    Posted: January 07 2005 at 10:25pm
I'm always jealous of those girls who have legs that look smooth and pretty. My legs are full of goosebumps and always look dry. How do I get the smooth legs look?

Lotion just makes my legs smooth to the touch but doesn't change the appearance at all.

I've also heard of airstockings or something like that. It basically looked like spray-on pantyhose. Has anyone tried this? Is there any other product that works like this?
diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 10:48pm
maybe try tanning so it doesn't look so obvious??

(unless you are already tan, then nevermind)
AngelFace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2005 at 11:57am
Make sure you are exfoliating on a regular basis. Also, not shaving regularly can cause bumpy legs.
chinid View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 2:43pm
go to www.freewebs.com/worldofentertainment23 we have a line of skin whitening creams and pills that will smooth your skin quick and safe. try the pills for an all over the body whitening and even color.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 4:36pm
hi.
didnt really mean to steal this thread xxx2inxxx, but i hope u dont mind. i just shaved my legs for the first time last night, and now i have these little red bumps all over my legs (kinda looks like a heat rash) i was just wondering what caused this, and how can i get rid of it by tomorrow. o and while im at it, how can i prevent this from happening again?

learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 1:58pm

Well Bryan you have experienced the lovely thing called razor burn.  I'm sure you've had it on your face after shaving (I'm assuming you're male here by your name) and now it's the same thing but on your legs.  The way to combat that is to exfoliate your legs often, use a good thick shaving cream when you shave, make sure your razor isn't dull, and put on a good lotion once you're out of the shower.  That should take away most of it.  Sweat and chlorine can also aggravate it so don't shave your legs right before you work out or go swimming.  Another helpful hint is to do it later on in the shower so the heat has had a chance to soften the hairs.  Oh and don't let your leg hairs get too long because that can cause some razor burn.  Hope this helps.

Traci

A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 11:25am

Try exfoliating before you shave.  This always makes my legs real smooth.  I use the kind from Bath and Body works.

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 6:44pm

I'd suggest exfoliating also. By your description of "goosebumps and dry skin", it certainly sounds like thats what you need. I like to use either sugar or sea salt scrubs for exfoliating--both work great. I also like using the bath body gloves w/ an exf. cream.

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:44pm
My skindoctor used to say to me (and I guess every other female patient) that after shaving, you should use After Shave. After any shaving, that is, also armpits and legarea. To avoid infections and other trouble that might follow, like rashes. It that doesn´t help, all he could recommend was, not shaving. Some of us really can´t shave, and until leghair becomes fashionable, pants seem the only safe way to go...

Edited by Viktoria
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 11:17pm
uhmm to whomever suggeted whitening pills....just be very cautious and do your research....i dont trust whitening pills
lil_ashie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_ashie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 10:09pm

I think the very best solution is what people have been suggesting- a very regular scrub in the shower followed by a soothing cream.

I had this problem myself last year and I was told that these little "goose bumps" were actually dry skin. I purchased St. Ives facial scrub for acne prone skin and used it on the backs of my thighs and followed it with Aveno everyday. That seemed to really clear it up quickly. Now instead of using something so harsh I use a daily antibacterial body wash and a poof.

oh another thing, while I was trying to clear up the bumps I stopped shaving to give my skin a chance to heal.

Not sure if this helps but good luck!

lil_ashie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_ashie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 10:29pm

Another thing I forgot to mention is something I used to do in high school. The combo might sound insane but it gave me the softest bump free legs.. I forgot all about it until I answered this post.

1. Shave your legs with a baby oil based shaving cream and a very sharp razor. Also, when you shave not all your hair grows in an up and down fashion. I find on parts of my legs I have to shave from the back of my leg around to the top to get that close smooth feel.

2. PAT dry legs and rub in baby oil. Not too much, just to put back the moisture warm/hot water/soap etc took out.

3. Apply Vaseline. Rub in well!

4. Poof on baby powder over the Vaseline.

You may not want to do this before you have a date however. I think this weird combo works because you're applying extreme oils/moisture back into your skin and then locking it in with a powder.

Anywho, I know that might sound crazy to some but it did the job for me! I think I'm going to try that again this week and see if it still works or if i had totally lost my mind in high school!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic